From time to time a food truck owner needs to step back and look at their business from the outside. Try to visit your truck or cart as a customer, not as the owner. Ask some of your best or frequent customers what they would want included at your food truck in order to make it even better. Ask some of your employees too, they may have great ideas. Do they say you make it easy for your customers to do business with you?
How To Make It Easy For Your Customers To Do Business With You
To make it easy for your customers to get to and order from your mobile food business try to make it totally hassle-free.
- How easy it is for your customers to find items and specials on your menu?
- Your hours and location of operation. Do you Tweet this out regularly while stopped?
- How easy it is for your customers to stand in line while waiting to be served?
- The methods of payment you accept. Cash or credit or both?
- How your employees treat your customers.
- Quality and consistency of your food.
- Turn around time for food once it has been ordered.
- How easy it is for your customers to get service once they walk up to the service window?
- How easy it is for your customers to receive a refund on food that did not satisfy them?
The Bottom Line
Making it convenient and easy for your customers to do business with your food truck is very important. The easier you can make it for them, the better your ability to make more money and keep existing customer loyalty. It can be just that easy.