National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National Hamburger Day to National Applesauce Cake Day? We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Applesauce Cake Day Fun Facts
Applesauce cake is a dessert cake prepared using applesauce, flour and sugar as primary ingredients. Various spices are typically used, and it tends to be a moist cake.
- June 6th is National Applesauce Cake Day.
- The preparation of applesauce cake dates back to early colonial times in the New England Colonies of the northeastern United States.
- Applesauce cake may be prepared and served as a type of coffee cake, which may include a sweet crumb topping.
- One bushel of apples will make between 20-24 quarts of applesauce.
- Applesauce can be a substitute for fat (butter/oil) in baking.
How To Observe National Applesauce Cake Day
- Enjoy your version of a applesauce cake today with your customers.
- Use #ApplesauceCakeDay on social media to share your love for this delicious food holiday. Facebook | Twitter
National Applesauce Cake Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any National Applesauce Cake Day fun facts on social media or via email. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National Food Holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one! Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.
REFERENCE: Applesauce Fun Facts