National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National Hamburger Day to National Chocolate Parfait Day? We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Chocolate Parfait Day Fun Facts
Parfait refers to a frozen dessert made from a base of sugar syrup, egg, and cream. A parfait contains enough fat, sugar, alcohol and/or to a lesser extent air to allow it to be made by stirring infrequently while freezing, making it possible to create in a home kitchen without specialist equipment.
- May 1st is National Chocolate Parfait Day.
- The American parfait, is made by layering parfait cream, ice cream, and/or flavored gelatins in a tall, clear glass, and topping the creation with whipped cream, fresh or canned fruit.
- Although parfaits were originally served on decorative plates, today they are typically layered in tall, thin glasses.
- Origin of PARFAIT: French, literally, something perfect, from parfait perfect, from Latin perfectus.
- Eating chocolate is known to reduce the symptoms of stress.
How To Observe National Chocolate Parfait Day
- Enjoy your version of a chocolate parfait today with your customers.
- Use #ChocolateParfaitDay on social media to share your love for this delicious food holiday. Facebook | Twitter
National Chocolate Parfait Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any chocolate parfait fun facts on social media or via email. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National Food Holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one! Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.
REFERENCE: Parfait Fun Facts