National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National Hamburger Day to National Cinnamon Crescent Roll Day? We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Cinnamon Crescent Roll Day Fun Facts
A cinnamon roll (also cinnamon bun, cinnamon swirl, cinnamon Danish and cinnamon snail) is a sweet roll served commonly in Northern Europe and North America. In North America its common use is for breakfast. Its main ingredients are flour,cinnamon, sugar, and butter, which provide a robust and sweet flavor.
- April 10th is National Cinnamon Crescent Roll Day.
- In Sweden, the country of its presumed origin, the cinnamon roll takes the name of kanelbulle (literally: “cinnamon bun”), and October 4 has more recently started to be promoted as “kanelbullens dag” (Cinnamon Roll Day).
- Cinnamon rolls in Sweden are not as sweet and heavy as they are in the United States. In Sweden, the dough contains a hint of cardamom.
- Cinnamon dates back to 2,000 B.C., where it was imported from Egypt to China and was so highly prized that it was regarded as a gift fit for monarchs.
- Philadelphia-style cinnamon rolls date back to the 18th century. It contains honey, sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
- In Ancient Egypt, cinnamon was used in the embalming process.
How To Observe National Cinnamon Crescent Roll Day
- Bake up a batch of cinnamon crescent rolls. Use them as an ingredient in one of your food truck dishes for your customers.
- Use #NationalCinnamonCrescentRollDay to post on social media. Facebook | Twitter
National Cinnamon Crescent Roll Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any cinnamon crescent roll fun facts on social media or via email. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National Food Holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one! Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.
REFERENCE: Cinnamon Roll Fun Facts