National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National Hamburger Day to National Irish Coffee Day? We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Irish Coffee Day Fun Facts
Irish coffee is a cocktail consisting of hot coffee, Irish whiskey, and sugar, stirred, and topped with thick cream.
- January 25th is National Irish Coffee Day.
- Irish Coffee was invented in 1942. A plane of American passengers was delayed because of bad weather conditions while leaving for Newfoundland. To warm up the passengers, chef Joe Sheridan decided to put some Irish Whiskey to use into the coffee.
- The original Irish coffee recipe explicitly uses cream that has not been whipped.
- The first cafe to have Irish coffee in the U.S. was the Buena Vista Cafe in 1952. The cafe was located in San Francisco, California.
- The village of Foynes on the southern bank of the Shannon Estuary holds an annual Irish Coffee Festival.
How To Observe National Irish Coffee Day
- Cook down the Irish whiskey and provide your food truck customers with a virgin style Irish Coffee.
- Use #NationalIrishCoffeeDay to post on social media. Facebook | Twitter
National Irish Coffee Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any Irish Coffee fun facts in the comment section. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National Food Holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one! Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.
REFERENCE: Irish Coffee Fun Facts