National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National Hamburger Day to National Margarita Day? We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Margarita Day Fun Facts
The original Margarita was invented in 1948 by socialite Margarita Sames. According to the legend it was during a party at her hacienda in Acapulco that Margarita began experimenting with ‘the drink’. Looking for something to cut the dust of a hot afternoon, she mixed Tequila Herradura, Cointreau and fresh lime juice.
- February 22nd is National Margarita Day.
- On average, Americans consume 185,000 Margaritas per hour.
- Atlanta, Miami, St. Louis and Nashville are among the best major metro cities for the Margarita.
- The first frozen margarita machine was invented in 1971 and it was based off a soft-serve ice cream machine.
- The U.S. is the number one tequila market making it larger and more important than Mexico.
How To Observe National Margarita Day
- Create a margarita inspired dish for one of your daily menu specials for you food truck customers.
- Use #NationalMargaritaDay to post on social media. Facebook | Twitter
National Margarita Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any popcorn fun facts in the comment section. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National Food Holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one! Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.
REFERENCE: Margarita Fun Facts