Stress at work. A devastating breakup with a significant other. A falling out with your best friend. Business failures. Discovery of a health problem. All these can negatively affect your body, mind, and soul. But as Kelly Clarkson famously said, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”
Fortunately, there are many effective ways to start the healing process. Family, friends, and professionals can help and support you in a come back after setback. You can let go of traumatic memories and get back up again. These quotes serve as reminders that you can heal and become a new and better version of yourself than ever before.
- Quotes about Healing the Body
- Quotes about Healing the Soul
- Self Healing Quotes
- Bible Quotes About Healing Yourself
- Quotes about Healing from Trauma
- Quotes about Healing from Grief
- Quotes about Healing and Strength
- Tips for Healing after a Traumatic Event
- Why is Self Care so Important?
Quotes about Healing the Body
These quotes encourage you to come back from physical trauma.
- Sometimes, it has to hurt if it has to heal.
- The pain will go away.
- Mother Nature provides the best balms.
- Always look at your food as your medicine.
- Your scars are reminders of just how strong you are.
- Remember that your body is a temple.
- Take care of your body, and it will take care of you.
- Your body is an amazing machine: it heals itself.
- Healing is just a matter of taking out what’s not good for your body.
- Heal your body, keep healthy, and fulfill your dreams.
- Investing in your health is never a loss.
- Healing your body doesn’t solely come from medicines.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the best way to heal your body.
- Don’t self-diagnose. Doctors are there to help you heal.
- Be aware that your body is trying to tell you something.
- Your body’s ability to heal itself is greater than you think.
- Attention to your body brings about peace, positivity, and healing.
- The core of success starts with a healthy body.
- Your body is the only place you have to live.
- Don’t be afraid of a little pain.
- Evolution has engineered the human body to be a near-perfect organism.
- Go out and feel the healing power of nature.
Quotes about Healing the Soul
Wounds on the soul are deep. But there are ways to mend those spiritual wounds.
- Be patient. Healing takes time.
- You know you’re healed when you realize that the damage done to you no longer controls you.
- Allow yourself to rest. The healing will come.
- Heal your soul. The healing of your body and mind will follow.
- Emotional wounds make us strong.
- You are stronger than you think.
- Remember that in time, everything heals—body, mind, and spirit.
- Spiritual wounds are openings that allow the light of the best yet to come through.
- We heal from suffering only if we experience it in full.
- It’s hard to kill the human spirit.
- What you think is what you become.
- Let go and love.
- Your soul knows how to heal itself. All you need to do is to follow it.
- When you admit music into your soul, the melody begins to be a part of it.
- Silence your mind and listen to your soul.
- A healthy body leads to a healthy mind and soul.
- Healing isn’t magic. It’s permission to step back from the chaos that’s troubling you.
- Good virtue heals the soul.
- The wounds of the soul never fail to mend.
- Healing the soul takes love, kindness, and understanding.
- Allow yourself to cry. Tears cleanse the filth of the soul.
- Music heals wounds that no medicine can.
Self Healing Quotes
- Healing is only successful if you allow yourself to be healed.
- Trust in yourself. Trust that you will heal yourself.
- Knowing your mind is an important key to healing your wounds.
- Breathe deep and relax. This simple act does wonders!
- You’re the only one standing your way.
- The world is full of suffering. But it’s also full of healing.
- Healing is always about getting better. It’s also about letting go.
- Always be hopeful. Better days are coming.
- Pain makes you stronger.
You Might Like: 113+ Quotes that Help You Come to Terms with Regret in Life
- Nothing goes away until we learn something from it.
- You can change your future simply by changing your attitude.
- Self-forgiveness heals you.
- Want to heal yourself? Give yourself a break.
- Awareness and acceptance are the first steps to self-healing.
- A happy, contented heart is good medicine.
- Soul healing starts when you consciously prevent people and events control your emotion.
- Medicines heal the body. Love heals the soul.
- Find your inner peace and heal your soul.
- Out of your suffering emerges a stronger you.
- Spiritual healing takes courage. Good thing we all have courage.
- After healing yourself, go out and heal someone else.
- Healing, like change, takes time. Be patient.
Bible Quotes About Healing Yourself
The Holy Bible is rich with verses that remind you of the healing power of God.
- “The body heals with play, the mind heals with laughter, and the spirit heals with joy.” – Proverb
- “For I will restore health to you and heal your wounds” – Jeremiah 30:17
- “Come to me all of you who are weary and carry burdens. I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
- “Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.” – Exodus 23:25
“You restored me to health and let me live. Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish.” Isaiah 38:16-17
- “I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.” – Jeremiah 33:6
- “I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” – 3 John 1:2
- “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” – Revelations 21:4
- “A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” – Proverbs 17:22
- “Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.” – Isaiah 33:2
- “By his wounds, you have been healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” – Isaiah 40:29
- “Lord, my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” – Psalms 30:2
- “Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.” – Psalms 6:2
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” – Psalms 147:3
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” – Psalms 73:26
- “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.” – Mark 5:34
- “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” – Jeremiah 17:14
- “Don’t be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.” – Luke 8:50
- “Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’” – Luke 10:9
- “He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.” – Psalm 107:20
- “The Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down, the Lord loves the righteous.” – Psalm 146:8
Quotes about Healing from Trauma
Here are some quotes to remind you that you have the power to rise from trauma.
- The things inward will change what is outside.
- There’s no wound that you can’t recover from.
- Trauma changes your life. Recovery from trauma changes your outlook in life.
- Closing your eyes to a person experiencing trauma does not ease his pain.
- The darkness of trauma is extinguished by the fire of hope, love, and determination.
- Remember, you’ve been through every bad day in your life. And you’re still standing and undefeated.
- After experiencing trauma, your mind goes to a heightened sense of alert to keep you safe.
- You can deal with trauma. You just need confidence and support.
- You have two choices: hold yourself back, or heal yourself back together. It’s all your decision.
- What happened, happened. The real question is, what are you going to do about it?
- Healing yourself from trauma begins with an act of courage and hope.
You Might Like: 147+ You Got This Quotes to Motivate and Dominate the Day
- As long as you draw breath in your nostrils, there’s always hope.
- Someday, you will tell the story of how you overcame massive trauma.
- Keep an open ear and heart. The first step in healing someone with trauma is a person who listens to them.
- For some people, you don’t have to save them. They just need you to hold their hands and lend an ear.
- Be considerate. People who are fighting trauma already have a lot in their hands.
- Some sufferers and survivors strive to create.
- “It isn’t about what’s wrong with you. It’s about what happened to you.” – Unknown
- “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
- “Courage is resistance to fear, the mastery is fear – not the absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “Trauma creates change you don’t choose. Healing is about creating the change you do choose.” –Michelle Rosenthal
- “Delusional pain hurts just as much as the pain from actual trauma. So what if it’s all in your head?” – Octavia E. Butler
Quotes about Healing from Grief
The loss of a loved one—be it a pet, a friend, a colleague, a mentor, or a family member—can be incredibly difficult. Here are some quotes that will help you through these tough times.
- They’re alive in your heart and memory.
- Grief, like the sea, can be calm or rough. There’s nothing we can do about it but swim.
- As long as you remember your loved ones, they’re not truly dead.
- Be in comfort, knowing that someone special will never be forgotten.
- Know that before he died, you made a difference in his life.
- Grieve if you must. It’s a way to heal.
- Grieve but move on soon. You owe your deceased loved one your strength.
- One of the best things about life is that we only live it once.
- Your loved one was the best person I’ve met. You should be proud of him.
- We can never lose what we love.
- The grief you feel today will slowly fade away as you fill your heart with love.
- Grief is a passage, not a place to stay.
- Your loved ones are the stars in the night looking at you.
- Realistically speaking, you grieve until it’s your time to leave this world. But you can learn to live without your loved one.
- Some things cannot be permanently repaired. They can only be carried. Grief is one of them.
- Be grateful for having loved the ones you lost.
- Endings are the saddest part. But the love after the grief is a happy start.
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbell
- “The gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal. Any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed.” – Achilles
- “Grief and love are forever intertwined.” – Mick Cave
- “Should you be afraid? Not for a man like you? No.” – Joe Black
- “Nothing truly dies, just transformed.” – Klattu, The Day The Earth Stood Still
Quotes about Healing and Strength
- The silent battles you fought speak volumes of your strength.
- You’re not what happened to you. You’re what you decide to happen to you.
- Be proud of what have you become, not what you were or what you could have been.
- Simple things can give you strength—a walk in the woods, a few words of encouragement…
- Healing and strength: it will come to you.
- Grief is natural for people who love so much.
- The most robust plants survive the winter because they weather blizzards, and they reach for the sun.
- Patience and strength. Healing is slow for a good reason.
- You’ll come back stronger than ever.
You Might Like: 115+ Overthinking Quotes That Help You Stop Doubting Yourself
- Healing is the pain of being aware of the power of your strength.
- Strength is the courage we find in life’s most difficult times.
- Each day is an opportunity to be strong.
- Healing is the way we ride the storm of life.
- We start to heal when we work together.
- Great suffering brings out great strength and great people.
- Your soul mends and strengthens when you completely accept yourself.
- Never judge yourself by what others say about you.
- Darkness can never drive out darkness. Only light, even the barest, can do that.
- Silence can be a repository of healing and strength.
- “Fair play to those who dream” – Market Irglova
- “Hope, at the end, of the day, connects us all, no matter how different we are.” – Marketa Irglova
Tips for Healing after a Traumatic Event
Dealing and healing from trauma can be difficult. Here are a few ways how you can begin the healing journey.
- Keep yourself healthy. A healthy mind equals a healthy body, which greatly helps in the healing process. Exercise, eat a healthy diet, have sufficient sleep, and stay away from vices.
- Reduce your exposure to anything that relates to the traumatic event. For example, if your devastating breakup happened in a certain restaurant, don’t book family dinners or eat in that restaurant.
- Talk to someone. Let it out. The other person doesn’t have to give you any advice.
- Gradually return to your normal routine. Go to the gym, hang out with friends, return to your hobby, or work on a personal project. It helps break the cycle of depression.
- Do something fun. Travel the world, meet new friends, or play games. This helps take your mind off the traumatic event and kickstarts positivity back into your life.
- Join positive moves. Blood donation drives, cleanup projects, and volunteer activities—all of these make you feel empowered and positive.
Why is Self Care so Important?
Many people, events, and things that happen to us can have a negative impact on our lives. Stress at work, peer pressure, traumatic events, relationship problems, health crisis—all these can take a toll on our body, mind, and soul. You don’t have control over the external stresses that come at you form life. But you do have control over how to react to these stimuli and think about them.
You can better resist and adapt to what’s going on around you if you engage in self-care. Self-care routines include regular exercise, relaxation sessions, healthy lifestyle practices, regular consultations with mental health experts, breaks, or simply taking a walk in nature. Find the activity that works best for you.
Developing a self-care routine is clinically proven to improve physical and mental health. With a healthy mind and body, you’ll be able to decrease depression and anxiety, enhance your focus, and make you happier. In other words, taking care of yourself restores power and helps discover meaning in life.