When a food truck owner starts looking to hire new employees, they must have an understanding of the responsibilities that position holds. Over the next few weeks, we will be covering the basic job descriptions for the various positions within a food truck business. Today’s job description is one of the most important positions on a food truck when an owner will not be operating the truck themselves…the job of the food truck manager. Check out this sample food truck manager job description.
Food Truck Manager Job Description
The food truck manager is responsible for managing food service operations within food truck. Ensure all employees follow in house policies and procedures and meets with all federal and state requirements.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations at food truck and commercial kitchen.
- Plan for and purchase food for daily operations.
- Maintain required records including food production, inventory, income/expense, meal counts and personnel records.
- Ensure food truck staff members follow proper sanitation procedures.
- Preside over food truck employees, including cooks, food preparers, cashiers, and other employees.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained while food is being cooked.
- Prepare and serve the food.
- Plan menus.
- Respond to customer preferences and complaints.
- Set prices for each product on menu.
- Plan and budget for future meals.
- Maintain equipment including refrigerator, stove, prep table and cookware.
- Ensure customer dining experience is satisfactory.
- Expedite food.
- Hire, recruit, and train employees.
- Deliver orders to appropriate customers.
- Direct the cleaning of the truck and commercial kitchen.
- Maintain employee records, prepare payroll, and complete paperwork to comply with laws and regulations.
- Keep records of supplies and purchases.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know the basics of a food truck manager job description, you can craft a job listing once you begin looking to fill this role on your truck.