Every food truck is unique, and so should be your food truck service window attendant job description. The one thing that every food truck needs is a great service attendant. Vendors are constantly searching for servers that can provide exceptional experiences for their customers.
Food Truck Service Window Attendant Job Description
Use this article to write your own fantastic ads. This article is designed to help employers as it breaks down the food truck service window attendant job description.
The service window attendant is the front line face of a food truck business and because of this attendants must be attentive and responsive to customers. Candidates must be able to anticipate the customer’s needs.
- Must be on their feet for long periods of time.
- Professional and friendly. (Even in tough situations)
- Team player.
- Effective communication skills with guests and staff.
- Quick thinking.
- Basic math skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Greet customers as they approach the truck.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Take beverage and food orders.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes. (manual tickets or electronic POS systems)
- Serve food and/or beverages to customers.
- Stock service window area with supplies such as utensils, bags, condiments, to-go containers.
- Work with other staff members and be a team player.
Additional responsibilities could include standing outside of truck to attract customers during slow periods. Assist in cooking tasks. Monitor and update the food truck’s social media accounts.
RELATED: Sample Food Truck Line Cook Job Description
The Bottom Line
Your service window is usually the first point of contact you have with the general public. This is why it is so important to have someone in place that will properly represent your brand.
Do you have any additional tips to writing a food truck service window attendant job description? Share your thoughts on this topic in the comment section, our food truck forum or social media. Twitter | Facebook
Now that you know the basics of this job description you can craft a job listing once you begin looking to fill this role on your truck. Post your food truck jobs with us here at Mobile Cuisine.