Maternity leave is such a special time. It’s a time of transition, a time for photos, and an opportunity to develop a bond with your new child. If you’re fortunate enough to have an extended leave from your employer, you should take advantage of the time. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. And trust me when I say there will still be plenty of work leftover when you return.
But before you close the laptop and go on maternity leave, don’t forget to set an out of office message. On this page, I provide some entertaining examples you can use to set it and forget it.
- Out of Office Messages for Maternity Leave
- Funny Out of Office Messages for Maternity Leave
- Out of Office Voicemail Messages for Maternity Leave
- Maternity Leave Email Messages to Colleagues
- Upcoming Maternity Leave Email Signature Examples
- Tips on Writing a Maternity Leave Message
Out of Office Messages for Maternity Leave
Preparing for maternity leave? Here are some of our curated out-of-office messages you can copy, paste, and use.
Greetings of peace and joy! Thank you for your email, I am out on maternity leave until [insert date].
I will try to check my email as much as possible between feedings and naps. Please label the subject “urgent” on emails that I need to check as soon as possible. If you have any concerns with regard to old clients, please contact Ms. Diana at [insert email address]. Wishing you the best.
Good day! Thank you for reaching out. This is to inform you that I am out on a maternal leave to focus on my childbirth and attending to my newborn daughter named Grace. With this, I will not be in my office or have access to email. In my absence, you can ask the following individuals for assistance:
- Katie M. – marketing –
- Juan G. – operations –
- Sandra L. –
For personal concerns or less urgent matters, I will be back on [enter return date]. All the best. – Whitney Reynolds, Expecting mother.
Greetings! This is to inform you that I am currently out of the office. I have no access to email during my maternity leave to focus on taking care of my newborn baby, . I’ll respond as soon as possible upon my return. During my leave, you can contact the following people:
- Guillia B.r- pre-existing contracts –
- Haidie A- new contracts –
[Insert name / title]
I am currently out of the office due to maternity leave with no email access. For immediate concerns, you can contact my assistant Imelda Schnider. I will be back in office on March 18, 2022. Until then, I hope I can get some sleep. – [Insert name / position]
I am out of the office right now due to maternity leave. I’ll respond as soon as I can, but please expect a delay before you hear from me as I focus on my newborn. I will be back on [insert date].
If you have immediate concerns, please contact my assistant Hannah Louis at [email address] or call our company number. Thank you for your patience during this time of transition. – [insert name / contact information]
Funny Out of Office Messages for Maternity Leave
If you want to make it more catchy and fun, maybe these emails are for you! Make your co-workers or clients laugh with these out of office messages:
Hello! Thank you for reaching out, my water just broke and I am currently on maternity leave.
If you have any concerns that need an immediate response, please contact Johny Tan at [insert email address]. I’ll be back in the office as soon as my baby leaves my cave.
See you soon! Ready to scream momma. Nancy
I just received your email while receiving tummy rubs. Sorry to inform you that I am on maternity leave and I’ll be back on [insert date].
In case of emergency emails, please contact my husband, Harvey as he’s the reason why I am having a baby and should deal with my email responses while I am away at [insert contact]. – [insert contact]
Thanks for reaching out, I am out on maternity leave as of the moment and will have access to my email as soon as the baby comes out of the oven. The expected cook time is [Insert anticipated due date]. For concerns, please reach out to my associate editor, Lea at [insert name]. – [insert title and position]
Greetings of Pees and Farts! I just received your email. I am sorry I couldn’t get to you as I am on a mandatory maternity leave due to uncontrollable pees and farts.I am expecting my mini me to come out later this week.
For concerns, you can contact the following people: [insert email, phone, and name of contacts].
Hello. I am currently on maternity leave. I will not be able to attend to any emails or else my Ob-gyn will scold me.
For important emails, kindly label “I hope your baby is cute” so that I will make time to read and answer your concerns as soon as possible. Pressed soon-to-be mom. – [insert name / title]
Out of Office Voicemail Messages for Maternity Leave
During your maternity leave, it can’t be avoided that there will be people, customers, employers, or co-workers that will contact you. Make sure to record a voice message on your voicemail. Here are some sample messages you can use:
You’ve reached the voicemail of Rita Seeker. I’m currently on maternity leave until the end of January. If you have any concerns that need to be immediately addressed, please reach out to Melissa Lee at [insert email address]. Thank you and have a great day!
Hello, thank you so much for reaching out. However, I am currently away on maternity leave until February. In the meantime, you can contact Sahara Dane. She can be reached at (phone number). You can also leave your concern here as it will automatically be forwarded to her. I look forward to seeing you after my leave. Have a great day ahead!
You Might Like: 81+ Out of Office Message Examples for All US Holidays
I am sincerely apologizing that I can’t answer the call in the meantime. I’m out of the office for maternity leave, I am scheduled to return in March. If you need immediate assistance please call [phone number) to speak with my assistant, Bryan Meyers. Other matters can be resolved after my leave.
Good day! I’m sorry I can’t answer your call. I’m currently on my maternity leave until mid-April and have already learned that being a parent is harder than work. You can leave a message for my assistant, Ms. Clark. She can be contacted at our work email or contact our office telephone number during business hours. Looking forward to working with you!
Thank you for reaching out! In the meantime, I can’t be reached because I am currently on maternity leave. I am scheduled to return to the office by June. If you need urgent assistance please contact Koby Blanc at [phone number]. Have a great day ahead!
Maternity Leave Email Messages to Colleagues
Here are some email messages you can use for your colleagues for maternity leave:
As you have heard, I am expecting to be a mother. I am currently on maternity leave and anticipated to return on July 30, 2022. I can’t continue to work because I was advised by my doctor to rest until the day I gave birth.
If you have any concerns or questions about work you can reach me at my personal number (phone number) during business hours on weekdays. You may also reach out to my assistant, Jane at. Thank you for understanding my situation. – Laura Patkikson
Thank you for your email regarding the project. However, I am out of the office due to maternity leave with limited access to email. Make sure to write URGENT in the subject line and I will respond to it as soon as I can. You can contact Matt at (phone number) for immediate help and onsite support.
I have received the message you left on the voicemail. In case you didn’t know, I am away from the office due to maternity leave until September 11th and I won’t be able to respond to any emails or phone calls. I am dedicating this time to nurturing and bonding with my newborn baby.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Melanie at (phone number). She will be happy to answer any questions you may have. If you need assistance or support, please contact Mr. Mark at (phone number). Have a great day.
You Might Like: 153+ “Safe for Work” Thanksgiving Messages for Colleagues
Good day! Thank you for reaching out to me. I’m currently on maternity leave until October 8. I may be able to check my email periodically before my expected date of delivery, October 21.
If you are in need of immediate assistance, contact my assistant Larry Hughes. He will be happy to assist you and provide a contact for any personnel you will work with. Thank you for your understanding as I dedicate more time to bonding with my newborn baby!
I have received your email. Kindly note that I am currently out of the office as I’m expecting my baby to come out sooner. Inquiries about change requests should be sent to: [insert email address].If you need to address urgent matters, please contact Melody Ranon. Thank you for your understanding during this special time in my life.
Upcoming Maternity Leave Email Signature Examples
- Are you looking for inspiration for your email signature? These ideas are for you!
- “My maternity leave will commence in (month).”
- I wanted to let my entire work family know that my husband and I are expecting a bundle of joy at the end of April. I will communicate updates on my maternity leave as the date gets closer. I want to thank everyone for their support during this time of transition and I appreciate being part of a company that allows me time to take a step back.
- “Any deliverable submitted on the first month of my maternity leave will not be entertained.”
- “Thank you for being patient with my absence as I go on a fresh journey of motherhood. I will be excusing myself from all tasks from (month) until (month).
- “My office will welcome clients again by the end of (month) when my maternity leave concludes.”
- “I’ve been blessed with another life to nurture for a lifetime. Please expect maternity leave to start on (month) until (month).
- “Thank you for not stressing me out with work tasks during my maternity leave. I will be busy taking care of my newborn baby.”
Tips on Writing a Maternity Leave Message
Want to write a maternity leave messages that’s totally unique? Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Add your return date. As much as you want to stay by your baby’s side forever, you’ll eventually need to return to the office. Adding the return date will makes it clear when you’ll be back at work and hopefully well rested.
- Add your expected out-of-office date: If you haven’t filed for maternity leave yet, including the expected “out of date” in your message will help your co-workers and clients prepare for your absence. You can’t always predict your exact due date, but giving everyone in the office a heads up will help others prepare.
- Provide Contacts For Urgent Matters. Of course, some tasks cannot wait forever. In this case, find someone you trust at work and make them your contact person for urgent matters. For example, if someone wants to submit a project proposal to you, ask them to reach out to a backup contact. This should include the name, position, and contact information the coworker.
- Let Them Know How Often You Will Be Available while on Leave. You don’t have to make time for work when you’re on maternity leave but if you prefer checking how everything’s going in the office once in a while, express how often you plan to check and respond to email. You could tell them that you will check your email several times a week. You could also let everyone know that you’ll be completely unavailable. That’s totally up to you. Set the client’s expectations appropriately.
- Work with the manager to ensure tasks are being completed. What happens in the workplace is beyond your control while on maternity leave. Even though it can be hard, try to disconnect from work. After a few days off, you’ll get into the swing of not always being on.
According to a study, 92.3% of female workers who went on paid maternity leave are likely going to keep working for the same employer after giving birth. Motherhood is such rewarding experience, even if there are some sleepless nights in the beginning. More often then not, you will not have enough time to worry about work in the early days. I hope you found a maternity leave out-of-the-office message alerts co-workers and clients you won’t be available for awhile.