Losing a brother is one of the most heartbreaking things a person will ever go through. Unfortunately, losing a sibling is one of the most neglected types of grief. However, this does not mean that your grief is lesser than others. You’re allowed to grieve and have all the time you need to process everything.
If you know a friend, family member, or coworker grieving over the loss of their brother, here are hundreds of amazing messages and prayers you can offer to those suffering with grief.
- Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Brother
- Prayers for the Loss of a Brother
- Bible Verses about the Loss of a Brother
- Quotes about the Loss of a Brother
- Condolence Message Examples for a Brother
- Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Brother-in-Law
- Religious Sympathy Quotes for the Loss of a Brother
- Sorry for the Loss of Your Brother Examples
- What Can You Send to Someone Who Just Lost Their Brother?
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Brother
It can be hard to find the right words to express sympathy message about the loss of a brother. If you’re having trouble, have a look at these example messages below for handwritten cards or emails.
- Losing a brother is one of the saddest things that can happen. We all share in your grief at this difficult time.
- I’m so sorry about your brother. I know the two of you were very close, and you have all of my sympathies during this time.
- I was so sad when I heard the news about your brother. He will forever be remembered as one of the greatest guys I ever knew.
- I can’t imagine how you must feel right now. I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences go out to you and your family.
- I am saddened to hear of your brother’s passing. He was a great man, and I’ll never forget his infectious smile. Please let me know if there’s anything you need.
- I’m truly at a loss for words about Samuel’s passing. You and your family are in my prayers.
- I just heard the news about (Name). I’m so sorry for your loss. Let me know if you need absolutely anything.
- We are so sorry to hear about (Name). Please know that our entire family is thinking of you.
- Your brother is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Though I didn’t know him for long, I will never forget him. Stay strong during this time. We’re all here for you.
- It’s hard to put into words how sorry I am for your loss. May you find comfort and peace.
- A brother is someone who shares your childhood memories and lifelong dreams. I’m so sorry for your loss. Please let me know how I can help.
Your brother left us at far too young of an age, but he still leaves behind an impressive legacy. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.
- Your brother’s departure was very unexpected for everyone. Please accept my deepest condolences for this loss. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.
- Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of your brother. He was a strong, passionate person. His memory will live on with you and all of those whose lives were touched by him.
- My heart goes out to your family on the passing of your brother. He was a gentle, passionate soul. I will never forget him.
- I know there are no words that provide the comfort you need right now. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there’s anything you need. My deepest sympathies go out to you.
- He will always be remembered. Your brother was a light in this world.
- I pray that you find peace during this difficult period. Please accept my deepest condolences for your brother.
I can’t imagine what your family is going through. Please know that I’m only a phone call away if you need any help. You have all of my condolences.
- I’m so sorry for your loss. Know that I’m here for you if you need anything at all. Bless you.
- I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. In this challenging time, I would like to extend my heartfelt condolences.
- Your brother will always be in my heart. Please accept my condolences.
- I can’t imagine how painful this loss is for you. I’ll be thinking and praying for you.
- I am so sorry for this sad news. May his soul rest in peace.
- Your brother led a remarkable life, and he was an inspiration to me.
Prayers for the Loss of a Brother
When comforting a grieving person, one of the best things to offer them is prayer. Here are some terrific prayers that you can say to them and to God.
- Loving God, I pray for the family of (Name) whom you’ve just welcomed back in your Kingdom. I pray that you will give them comfort and peace that you alone can give. Amen.
- God, I pray over this family right now. As they are grieving for the loss of (Name), I pray that you protect them and guide them through the pain. Amen.
- For all those who woke this morning to the loneliness of bereavement – the empty bed or chair, an unaccustomed quietness, a life now incomplete – may they know your presence in the stillness of the day, and through the love of friends who offer their condolences. And in the darker moments may they reach out to hold your hand and feel the warmth of the One has already passed from death to life to welcome others into God’s Kingdom.
God of love and mercy, embrace all those whose hearts today overflow with grief, unanswered questions and such a sense of loss. Grant them space to express their tears. Hold them close through the coming days. Amen.
- Almighty God, source of all mercy and giver of comfort; Deal graciously with those who mourn, that, casting all their sorrow on you, they may know the consolation of your love; through your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
- Thank you for the lives of all those loved ones who, whilst no longer walking beside us or holding our hand along life’s journey as once they did, live on in the collective memory of those they have left behind. Enjoy their company, Loving God until we shall meet again. Amen.
You Might Like: 150+ Heartfelt Death Anniversary Messages and Quotes for Fathers
- God, thank you for the life of (Name). Thank you for blessing us with his presence, as he was a wonderful and amazing brother. As you welcome him back into your arms, I pray for his family. Comfort them right now in their time of need. Amen.
- God of love, may I come quickly to thee, when I am in need of protection and sympathy. Guard me against sorrow that is drawn from the imagination. May I not allow grief to drag me into misery, but with strength and courage may I find happiness in thy daily will. Amen.
- I believe that you are the God that sympathizes with Your people. Today, I pray that you bless the (Family Name) family. May there find rest and peace with Your Spirit, as they go through this difficult ordeal. Amen.
Lord, I know that you are the God of comfort. Only true comfort can be found with you. And right now, I pray that your comfort will fall upon the family of (Name), who you’ve welcomed back in heaven. Bless their hearts and hearts, God. Amen.
- Lord, we don’t understand why our loved ones should suddenly be removed from us through a sudden, unexpected death – but Lord we trust You to soothe away the hurt in time – for shall not the God of all the earth do right…. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
- Father, we pray for those who are deceased, but we also pray for their families that they will receive the care and attention they need, and have their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs met by other family members, friends, church members, or someone else. Amen.
- Lord, allow them to keep their hope alive that a family member is now with God if they have trusted in Christ; if not, we pray for them to know Your Son, Jesus Christ. May the families find comfort from others who are in similar situations and that they would be praying for one another. Amen.
- Lord Jesus, You alone are holy and compassionate; forgive our brother his sins. By dying You opened the gates of life for those who believe in You; do not let Your son be parted from You, but by Your glorious power give him light, joy, and peace in heaven where You live for ever and ever. Amen.
- Lord, we bring before You today those who are having to go through such a tragic loss and pray that You would be very close to each one that is in mourning today over such a terrible thing. Amen.
- You are the God of all comfort Who comforts us in time of need and we pray for those that are facing such a difficult trial today. Uphold them we pray, and ask that You draw very close to them … raise up we pray, the right people to minister to them and to be a genuine comfort and support at this time of tragedy and grief. Amen.
- Father, we bring before You those that have had the devastating experience of having someone close to them that they know and love, suffer a sudden passing. We pray that in Your grace You would look down with pity and mercy and meet them right at their point of need. Amen.
Lord, You are the one Who was sent to heal the broken-hearted and comfort those that mourn and are heavy-laden. We pray for the (Family Name’s) family, as they grieve for the loss of (Name). Draw near to them in their time of need. Amen.
- You are the One Who promised that Your grace is sufficient for every eventuality – even for those having to face the sudden and violent death of someone close to them. We lift them up to Your arms of love and carry them during this time of suffering and grief. Amen.
- Lord, as we lift up in prayer those that are having to come to terms with the sudden death of a loved one – we pray that You would use this tragedy to be the thing that starts to draw each suffering soul into the tender arms of their Savior – the Lord Jesus Christ, in Whose name we pray, Amen.
- Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen
- Lord Jesus, our Redeemer, You willingly gave Yourself up to death so that all people might be saved and pass from death into a new life. Listen to our prayers; look with love on Your people who mourn and pray for their dead brother. Amen.
- My brother (sister) in faith, I entrust you to God Who created you. May you return to the One Who formed you from the dust of this earth. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
- Lord God, you are attentive to the voice of our pleading. Let us find in your Son comfort in our sadness, certainty in our doubt, and courage to live through this hour. Make our faith strong through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Bible Verses about the Loss of a Brother
Bible verses can be timeless sources of encouragement during times of trouble. So, scroll down now to read what the Good Book has to say about losing a brother.
- “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” – Psalm 34:18
- “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” – Revelations 21:4
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” – John 14:27
- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” – Matthew 5:4
- “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” – John 14:1-4
“But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.” – 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
- “For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.” – Isaiah 54:10
- “A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.” – Psalm 23:1-6
- “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” – Romans 8:18
- “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”” – John 11:25-26
- “And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”” – Revelations 14:13
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
You Might Like: 59 Thank You Note Messages to Bosses During and After Pregnancy
- “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” – Psalm 116:15
- “You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.” – Psalm 71:20-21
- “The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.” – Psalm 9:9
- “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” – Psalm 73:26
“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” John 14:1-21
- “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” – Psalm 18:2
- “The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” – Zephaniah 3:17
- “One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.” – Psalm 27:4-5
- “For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.” – 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
- “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28
- “Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” – Revelation 7:15-17
- “Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.” – James 4:8
- “For the Lord comforts Zion; he comforts all her waste places and makes her wilderness like Eden, her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the voice of song.” – Isaiah 51:3
Quotes about the Loss of a Brother
Here are what a few people have to say about losing a brother.
- “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” – Richard Bach
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart” – Helen Keller
- “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.” – Astrid Alauda
- “The dead never truly die. They simply change form.” – Suzy Kassem
- “If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them” – James O’Barr
- “As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us. As long as I can I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us.” – Sascha
- “Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
- “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham
- “Try to remember all the good times you had with your brother. He may be gone but he will never be forgotten.” – Unknown
- “There is a special place in our heart for the one we call ‘brother’.” – Unknown
- “To have had a brother is to have experienced a very special gift.” – Unknown
- “The beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“My brother taught me how to climb trees, patiently showing me where to place each foot. He continued to guide me until the day he died.” – Unknown
- “Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well and an be of service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is afar off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind his back he might not, in love, say before his face” – St. Francis of Assisi
- “To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
- “Nothing can stop me from loving my brother.” – Brandy Norwood
- “It was nice growing up with someone like you – someone to lean on, someone to count on… someone to tell on!” – Unknown
“I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see. I sought my God, but my God eluded me. I sought my brother and I found all three.” – Unknown
- “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.” – Maya Angelou
- “A brother is a friend given by Nature.” – Jean Baptiste Legouvé
- “I honor my brother’s sacrifice, the same way I honored him when he was alive” – Unknown
- “My brother’s heart was so big he dedicated his life in service to others.” – Unknown
- “The hardest thing about losing my brother is when I want to call him about something that happened to me” – Unknown
- “The hard part wasn’t losing you. It was learning to live without you” – Unknown
- “I look up to the sky and talk to you. What I wouldn’t give to hear you talk back” – Unknown
Condolence Message Examples for a Brother
Show your condolences to the family of the deceased through these messages below.
- It’s very difficult to find the right words during this difficult time. Just know that I’m truly sorry for what you’re going through and that I’ll be thinking of you.
- I know how close you were to your brother. I’m praying for God to give you the strength to get through this difficult time.
- I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m praying for you and your family.
- Please accept my condolences for the loss of your brother.
- I’m thinking of you and your family during this time.
- Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your brother. He was such a kind, considerate person, and he’ll be greatly missed by all who knew him.
- I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. I’ve worked with him for three years, and I can honestly say he was a great team player who will be greatly missed.
- Your brother was such a fun person to be around. I’ll miss him very much. Please know that I’m praying for you and your family.
- I will never forget his kindness. May God give him eternal rest and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
- I am truly sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you.
- We will never forget you. We will pray for him as he prayed for us. May God give him eternal rest.
- May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept my sincere condolences.
- A good heart has stopped beating, a good soul ascended to heaven. We part with our beloved brother in pain.
- Remembering his wonderful and gentle soul will forever remain in our hearts. May he rest in peace!
- Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. My most heartfelt condolences.
- I am honored and blessed to have known your brother. He was truly a blessing in my life and I will miss him. My condolences.
- I hope that our Lord brings you and your family the much-needed peace during this sad time. My condolences to you and your family.
- May care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through the days ahead. My most sincere condolences.
- Please accept my condolences, just know that I am here for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out, especially during this difficult time.
- I can’t imagine what you must be feeling right now, but I want you to know that we are just a phone call away. My heartfelt condolences.
- I am deeply saddened by the news of your loss. I pray that God will grant you strength. My most sincere condolences.
- I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. May the soul of your mother be at peace with our Heavenly Father.
- I offer you my thoughts, prayers and well-wishes during this dark time in your life.
- My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the peace that you seek.
- I am deeply saddened by the loss that you and your family have encountered. My condolences for your brother.
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Brother-in-Law
Like losing a brother, it’s also difficult to lose a brother in law. If you have a friend or family member who just lost one, here are a few sympathetic words to say to them.
- Nobody knows what you’re going through because you have lost your brother in law. It doesn’t seem enough to say that I’m sorry for your suffering. I would like to do something to offer comfort from your grief to you. Please let me know if you can think of something I can do.
- When I heard that you had lost your brother in law, I was sad and I still am. I hope you find comfort in knowing that your memories of him or the happy times you shared can not be taken away by death. If you want to chat or need something at all, please contact me.
- It’s never easy having to deal with grief, and after hearing about your brother in law’s passing, I am deeply saddened. I sympathize with you and your family at this time.
- I have read about your brother in law’s death, and my heart aches for you. I will bring if I could, a day when your good thoughts of him are better than the pain of your passing away. I am here with you at any time of day, or at any time of night.
- Right now, I can’t imagine what you’re going through, and I am at a complete loss for words. I think of you, dragging you through the sorrow and on to happy days to get through it. I sincerely hope that during these dark days, you take joy in your kin. Please accept my heartfelt condolences and sympathies for your brother in law’s death.
- The bond between them and the pain of losing them can only be known by those who are lucky enough to have a brother in law. For your loss, my heart aches, and I wish I could take the hurt away from you. To you and to your family, my love and heartfelt condolences go out.
My thoughts are with you while you are grieving your brother in law’s death. In the embrace of those you love, I hope you find warmth and happiness. My thoughts are with you and your family, and I give you all my heartfelt condolences. At this tough time, please let me know how I can help you.
- I am so sad about your brother in law’s death. I wish both you and your loved one’s peace and consolation as you go through this journey of grieving and healing. During this tough time, you are in my mind.
- I had been deeply saddened to listen to your brother in law’s death. He was a very special guy. We all thought the planet of him. You have got my sympathy that is sincere on the loss of your brother in law.
- You have my deepest sympathy on the death of a brother in law. I understand how hard it is to lose a sibling. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Losing a brother in law is quite sad. I will remember him constantly for his charm. We all share in your grief at that difficult time.
- Your brother in law is going to be remembered for all the good he’s done. We will miss him very much. Please extend my sympathy to your family.
- I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother in law. I know how close you both were. You have my sympathy that is deepest.
- I had been both shocked and saddened to hear about your brother in law’s death. Please accept my sympathy for your loss.
- The death of your brother in law saddens me, and at this moment, my heart goes out to you. If I can bring food or help with any housework, let me know. In whatever way you like, I am here for you.
- My spirit was filled with sadness when I learned about your brother in law’s death. As you absorb this tragedy, I can’t imagine the feelings you’re experiencing. I want you to know that I care about you. I am standing by, ready to assist you in any way. Sending my sincere condolences for your loss.
Compared to the agony that you feel from your brother in law’s death, words sound so insignificant. I sincerely apologize for your suffering and for what you wonder when you grieve. Please accept my most heartfelt apologies for your brother in law’s death.
- Have faith that the God who unified you here on earth, even though you and your brother in law are separated, will reunite you in Heaven.
- May God be your close companion who in your time of sorrow, walks beside you, and bears your burden when it is too heavy to bear the loss of your brother in law.
- Both time and space endure Love. Have faith that Your Brother in law surely watches over you from Heaven and prays here on earth for your happiness.
- One of the toughest things any person would ever go through is surviving a brother in law’s death. Know that we are here to help you when you feel like you don’t have the power to move on.
- You will believe that you will never smile again but I promise that a moment will come when instead of tears, you remember your brother in law with joy.
- In His embrace, may God hold you as tenderly as you once held your precious brother in law. May he shoulder your burden of sorrow, and may he encourage you again to find joy.
- Nothing will replace your brother in law, but like rays of sunlight, fond memories can break through the gloom. May your soul be warmed by the warmth of those rays.
- No one can understand what losing a brother in law feels like until they’ve been through it. Let me be there for you anytime you feel lonely and I will help you walk through the darkness and find the light again.
Religious Sympathy Quotes for the Loss of a Brother
Here are some wonderful quotes to give sympathy towards a grieving family.
- I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, and I am eager to reunite with your mother in heaven someday.
- Your brother was a kind, Godly man. I’m sure his soul is in heaven right now, with eternal rest and forgiveness. I’m so sorry for the loss and pain you’re going through here on Earth.
- May God give her soul eternal peace and a safe resting place with him. Our prayers for God’s comfort are with you and your family right now.
- Praying for you and your family during this difficult time. I hope you feel the power of God’s love and His presence in your lives.
- May God bless their soul as they ascend to heaven with him. And may God’s love comfort and bless you right now.
I’d like to offer my heartfelt sympathies. I was so saddened to hear about the death of your loved one. May his soul rest in peace.
- Praying that God’s love enfolds you and comforts you through the pain. I hope He helps you heal from this awful loss.
- My heart goes out to you during this painful time. I’m praying for you, and the soul of your loved one.
- I’m so heartbroken to hear about your loss. Know that your brother’s soul is up in Heaven, and you’ll be reunited with him again in the future. I pray God gives you comfort and strength during this difficult time.
- Please accept our heartfelt condolences for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family. I hope God blesses and comforts you during this difficult time, and takes the deceased’s soul to Heaven.
- May the soul of your brother rest in peace. I was so shocked to hear about his death. I’d like to give my heartfelt condolences during this challenging time.
- My prayer for you is that God’s peace and love comforts you through the pain you’re feeling right now. I also pray he helps you recover and heal, in time, from this heartbreaking loss.
My heart is going out to you during this soul-crushing time. There’s no pain like losing a brother. Praying for you and his soul.
- I’m so shocked and saddened to hear about the death of your brother. Rest in the fact that his soul is up in Heaven, and you’ll see him again someday. I pray that God sends his angels to give you love and comfort during this time.
- Please accept my heartfelt sympathy for the death of your brother. My prayers are with you, and your family.
- Please accept my condolences during this heartbreaking time. I hope God blesses and comforts you, and takes the deceased’s soul to rest with Him in Heaven where they belong.
You Might Like: 57 Short Thank You Letters for Bosses After Tough Times
- I’m so saddened for your loss, but so glad that you have such great memories of their life to comfort you. I look forward to seeing him on the other side of Heaven someday.
- All my thoughts and prayers are for you to experience Heavenly strength and peace during this painful time. Give me a call if you’d like to talk or pray with someone.
Praying for you during this time. May your family member’s soul rest in peace. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help. I’d love to coordinate something with our church to bring over food. I could also watch your children or help with the funeral arrangements.
- Keeping you in my heart and prayers. May their soul ascend to Heaven with the angels, and may God welcome them. So sorry for your loss and pain that you’re dealing with right now.
- The Lord walks beside us through the darkness and leads us back to peace. Please know that we’re praying for you during this difficult time.
- Let the memories of your loved one bring you comfort in times of darkness. Give your voice onto the Lord and know that He will guide you through.
- Give your sorrows to the Lord and find peace in His love. We are praying for you to have comfort and feel His grace in your life every day.
- I am praying for you to find healing through the Lord’s infinite love. Lend Him your worries and take comfort that He is always by your side.
- May God’s infinite love and healing be with you in this time of struggle. You are in our prayers now and always.
Sorry for the Loss of Your Brother Examples
Finding the right words to say is never easy. Hopefully, these examples will help you comfort those in need.
- Sorry for your loss, prayers for your brother and your family.
- I am sorry for your loss. I pray too that he rests in peace.
- As you say goodbye to your beloved brother, please note that we share your sorrow.
- I’m so sorry to hear about your brother’s passing. He was a wonderful man and will be missed. My condolences.
- You have been fortunate to have such a special and loving brother. In our souls, his memory will live forever.
- We are sending our love and prayers your way. I am so sorry to hear about your brother’s death, and please know that I’ll miss him, too.
- The death of your brother was such a shock. I know how close you were. My deepest sympathy.
- As you mourn the loss of your marvelous brother, please accept our prayers and our love. To all of us, he was so very special.
- Your brother will be missed by so many. He was an exceptional man. My deepest condolences.
- In such difficult times, my heartfelt condolences to you. May God usher in peace and comfort for you and your family.
- Your brother was a special friend and will be missed by everyone whose lives he touched. I am deeply sorry for your loss.
- Your brother will forever remain in our hearts and memories. What a wonderful coworker and friend.
- Love for a brother is never-ending. May you feel his light shine down from Heaven on you forever.
- Your brother was a warm and loving man, our most profound sorrow for your brother’s passing.
- I was surprised to know that you lost your brother last week. May God give you and your family enough strength to bear the situation.
- As we say goodbye to this remarkable man, we will hold him eternally in our hearts. Your brother was a light and a blessing.
- I’m not sure what to say in the face of such a difficult loss. Just want you to know that I care about you, and I share in your sadness. May your brother Rest In Peace.
- Your brother was such a kind man, and I know you’ll miss him. I feel so lucky to have worked with him so well. You and your family are in my heart.
- Your brother was a great mentor to me and I’m so sorry to hear of his passing. I’m keeping your family in my thoughts. If you need to talk to someone, I’m here for you.
- The news of your brother’s death has filled my heart with sadness. I can remember when I visited your home and he treated us like family. May God rest his soul in peace. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- I looked up to your brother and was deeply saddened to hear about his death. I’ll always have great memories of him. I’m so sorry for your loss.
- I’m so sorry to hear about your brother’s passing. Know that I’m here for you when you need someone to talk to.
- Your brother was an amazing person. And my heartfelt apologies to you and your family, having to go through such a terrible loss.
- I am saddened to hear of your brother’s passing. He was a wonderful person, and I’ll never forget his contagious smile. You and your family are in my prayers.
- When the funeral is over, remember that as you mourn the loss of your incredible brother, we are all holding you in our hearts.
What Can You Send to Someone Who Just Lost Their Brother?
If you’re having trouble with what to give to the family in loss, here are a few ideas to start off.
Memorial Photo Lamp
A photo of the brother along with your friend that’s been made into a lamp is a unique and sentimental gift that you can give.
Nowadays, you can customize the scent of a candle to whatever you want. With this gift, you can make the candle smell like something that will remind them of their brother whenever they light it.
With a scrapbook, you can include photos, newspaper clippings, or other small trinkets that remind you of your brothers life.
Personalized Memorial Plaque
One of the best sympathy gifts is a personalized memorial plaque. Place a quote or a saying that the person often said will make it truly meaningful. Additionally, memorial plaques are also long lasting and stay out of the way, since they’re hung on the wall.