Pregnant women that work are superheroes. There’s no doubt about that. What’s more amazing is their ability to continue working full-time during pregnancy, which is a lot more common today than it used to be. In fact, 56% of pregnant women are working full-time, according to a 2018 study by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
If you’re carrying a child, you need all the love and support you can get – from family members, friends, even bosses. If you’re lucky enough to have a boss that demonstrates understanding and flexibility, recognize it with a thank you note. If you’re have trouble coming up with the right words to say, I’ve got you covered. Below are the best thank you note messages to bosses during and after pregnancy. Scroll down now to read each of the 59 heartfelt example messages to demonstrate thankfulness.
Thank You Messages to Bosses During Pregnancy
- I would like to personally thank you for being so understanding when it came to my pregnancy. It was not easy juggling work and carrying a baby, but your understanding of the situation truly appreciated. I couldn’t have asked for a better boss. Thank you so much!
- Let me tell you, you are the best boss I have ever had. Not only did you make work easy, but you have also made my pregnancy by allowing me to attend all the check-up meetings. Thank you for being such an amazing and understanding leader.
- My pregnancy became so much easier thanks to you! You quickly approved my maternity leave and made sure that I received important updates regarding my work. Thank you so much!
- Thank you for your caring and support during my pregnancy. You have made the transition all the more easy for me. It truly means more to me than words can express.
- Thank you for being part of a wonderful support system. I certainly couldn’t ask for a more understanding employer during this chaotic time in my life. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and tolerance during this time. It means more to me than you will ever know.
- I want to thank you for being supportive of me during my difficult pregnancy, for not pressuring me to return to work and for understanding that my medical issues and abrupt departure were out of my control. Basically, I want to thank you for being an awesome boss!
- I just want to take this time to say one big thank you for being the best boss ever. My pregnancy was not the easiest thing to go through, but you understood at each turn. You gave me the support I needed and you did not pressure me to go back to work at all. My child and I are thankful for your life.
Thank you for being such an amazing employer! Ever since you found out that I was pregnant, you made sure to lighten my workload. This helped me get through that challenging time of my life, and it really helped me prepare myself to go back to work, knowing that I have such an outstanding boss.
- You are a wonderful boss, leader, mentor, and friend. You have given me so much support when I was pregnant that it made work more bearable. Thank you for being so kind and understanding during that time. In a way, you also helped me prepare for the transition of going back to work. Now, I’m ready to help you, too!
You Might Like: Fundraising Campaign Name Generator: 400+ Ultimate List
- Thank you for your thoughtfulness and support during such a difficult and challenging time. Having a baby growing inside you can really change your productivity. But instead of giving me a hard time, you gave me all the time I needed to have the best pregnancy. I am grateful to have you as my boss.
- When I was pregnant, you did not hesitate to decrease my work. For that, I am eternally grateful. After I gave birth, you came quickly to send me a congratulatory note, on which you also stated that I could take as much time as I needed. Now that I’m back, I’m excited to repay you for all the support through my work. Thank you so much!
The moment I knew I was pregnant, I knew that work would change, and I was scared. But you made the transition so much easier. You also went out of your way to make sure I was comfortable. I am truly thankful to have a manager like you.
- Thank you for implementing strategies to help offload and manage my workload in the lead-up to my pregnancy. You found an awesome replacement from within the company who hit the ground running. Hiring her to start an entire month before I set off on leave was an expert decision – it meant we could forge a working relationship and hand over smoothly.
- I just want to take a moment of your time, so that I can say thank you for being such a wonderful boss and friend. Your support during my pregnancy meant the world to me.
- Being pregnant and working full time was such a challenge. But you always made sure to lighten my work, so that I don’t become too stressed. Thank you so much for your endless support!
Thank You Messages to Employer for Parental Leave
Children are extremely rewarding.
- If I was unprepared, you were informed and realistic about what was to come. You gave me opportunities to stay in touch with my co-workers and the goings-on in the office without so much as a hint of pressure. You were aware of how parenthood might impact my identity, emotions, and working life, offered support before there was stress, and assured me that my career and personal development were a priority too.
- As you know the food industry is demanding. I’m used to spending 8 hours or more per day on my feet. I realize now after having my baby, I needed this break to reflect and gain back my energy. Thank you for giving me this time.
- I thought a couple weeks off after having my first child would be plenty. How naïve I was! Thank you for suggesting I start small and build up my hours. Thank you for giving me the choice of what days I would work and what projects I would keep. Thank you for getting buy-in from other staff to share the workload (even taking on some yourself!). You really do care.
- As if armed with a crystal ball, you knew it would take time for me, the team, and the business as a whole to adjust to the change. Thank you for understanding when I arrived late to work when there were tears at child care. Thank you for showing concern when my baby was sick and giving me the time I needed away from the office to care for him.
- Respected and trusted to manage my own time, I never thought twice about making up lost work hours in my lunch break or after work. Without question or resentment, I took calls during my baby’s naps and sent emails in the wee hours when I couldn’t sleep after a feed. Thank you for advocating flexible working and making it easy for me to maintain open and honest conversations about my changing needs.
Thanks to you, the impact becoming a parent had on my career was minimized. Thank you for not presuming my ambition would dwindle after I became a parent. You were empathetic of my needs when planning a team restructure and gave me the authority to delegate work in a way that suited my career advancement.
- So, thank you for your support, openness, guidance, and flexibility to find personalized solutions for our journey. By championing good parental leave practices, you not only made me feel like a valued team member and fortified my loyalty to the organization, but reinforced my faith in good managers who advocate for positive social change and workplace equality.
You Might Like: 202+ Smart Preschool Name Ideas for Gifted Students
- But after I announced my pregnancy and again when I returned to work after parental leave, your reasonable, unbiased, and smart approach to managing people really shone. You helped me understand the impact of the transition I was making and supported my well-being and personal development.
- I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate you for supporting me during my difficult pregnancy. I really needed that during that specific time in my life.. Thanks again for everything that you did to make sure I was comfortable.
- I just wanted to make sure you know how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness when I was pregnant. And for also being so kind and considerate during such a chaotic time. Thank you so much!
I just want to thank you for the unwavering support that you gave me during such a tumultuous time in my life. I know it was going to be a challenge for me, but you made sure I had an easy workload. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being such a great boss!
- Hello! I just want to say thank you for being the best boss I could ever ask for. You have really shown nothing but utmost support during my pregnancy. I really appreciate you.
- Hi! Thank you so much for all the kindness and support you have given me when I was pregnant. It really helped me prepare for the journey I’m currently on now. Thanks again for being the best manager.
- When I became pregnant, I knew that my work life would change. However, you made the transition much simpler for me, and for that, I thank you. You are the best boss any employee could ask for.
- Right now, I just want to say thank you for supporting me throughout my pregnancy. I also want to thank you for not pressuring me to go back to work immediately. My newborn and I truly appreciate you.
- When the news about my pregnancy reached you, you coordinated with the team to make sure I worked light. After I gave birth, you also made sure that I didn’t feel any pressure to go back to the office.
Thank You Messages for Maternity Leave
Maternity leave is a special time for parents.
- I want to thank you for filling in for me while I was on maternity leave. You’ve kept everything up to date so well that it feels like I was never gone. Thanks for doing such an outstanding job.
- I am getting ready to face the new challenges of my life! Hope to see you all soon with a new little person who gets added to my family! I just want to thank you for all the love and support!
- It was a real pleasure to be able to work with such a lovely team! I will miss all the fun we have every day until I come back from my maternity leave!
- Hey guys, I will be on maternity leave to welcome my new baby! I’m sure I’m going to miss all the fun we had all these days! But I will be back soon to continue the fun we had. Thank you for all the love and support!
- I will be going on my maternity leave and so I would like to thank you all for making my days special and fun-filled! It was a great experience to work with such lovely people! Thank you kindly!
- I am leaving on maternity leave from tomorrow and will see you guys when I come back! I want to say thank you for all the kind greetings.
- Guys, hope you pray for me to come back safe and sound with my little one. See you all after my maternity leave. I appreciate all the warm well wishes.
- Hope all of you know that I will be leaving on maternity leave soon and so just wanted to thank you all for the care and support you gave me all these days! Will miss you all!
You Might Like: Cooking Competition Team Names: 501+ Winning Ideas
- As I will be on maternity leave, I take this opportunity to thank one and all of you for giving me the best memories to cherish! Will miss you all for sure! Hope you keep in touch! Thank you to everyone who wished me well!
- I will be on maternity leave and I’m so excited to welcome my baby. I will miss you guys until I return with my little one! Thank you for all the kind words and well-wishes!
- As you all know, I will be on maternity leave starting tomorrow. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all the love and support. I will miss all of you and see you soon!
- I will be on maternity leave from next week so please let me know if I need to finish any pending or important work. Also, I would like to thank everyone who showed support and kindness. I appreciate you all.
- I am going to miss you all so much when I go on my maternity leave. Thank you for all the kind words. Already looking forward to working with all of you again soon! See you all in a few months.
- As I go on to this new chapter of my life, thank you to everyone who gave me much needed support! I greatly appreciate each one of you.
- Thank you to everyone who has shown nothing but kindness and support. All of you made this transition much easier.
Thank You for Support During Pregnancy Messages
Support our moms.
- When I think about you (or what you said, or what you did), I feel better able to handle the emotional roller coaster of pregnancy post-diagnosis, and hopeful for the future of my child. You have made a difference to me, to my baby, and my family. I will never forget your kindness. Thank you.
- During my pregnancy, I had a tough time with everything. But seeing the amazing support from others helped me through that time. Thank you to each and every one of you.
- Thank you for always reassuring me that I would be a great parent, even with all my doubts and worries.
- Thank you for making me feel beautiful when I felt far from it. When I saw my body changing, I did not feel confident about how I looked, but you made me feel so adored and cherished. You helped me get through the tiniest struggles I had.
- Thank you so much for all the support that you’ve given me, especially now when I need it most.
- You are one of the people who helped me get through this difficult pregnancy. When I think about you, I feel so grateful for the support you gave me.
- Thank you so much for all your help. I couldn’t be the parent that I am today without you!
- Thank you to the former boss who told me I looked adorable and went out of his way to congratulate me.
- Thank you for being my best friend and confidant. You are our rock, and we don’t know what we would do without you. Thank you for putting us—your family—first.
I know that this journey has added some stress to our lives. I know that there have been times when you’ve felt like giving up. Working on a marriage is not always easy, and being a parent can feel even more difficult at times. But your commitment has not wavered one bit.
- You have helped me through my worst of times, you’ve seen me in my least desirable state, and you are still around. Because of you, now I get to experience the best time of my life. You did (and still do) handle our problems very well, more than I could ever hope for.
- Thank you for being so patient and understanding with me. Yes, my pregnancy was a wondrous experience, but it wouldn’t have been without your support. No one loves to be at the receiving end of mood swings—whether it is a side effect of pregnancy or not.
- Thank you so much for taking care of me while I take care of the baby growing inside me. I appreciate you!
- If I haven’t thanked you enough already for everything, I’d like to say it again—thank you for being my rock.
I took a parental leave for 90 days with my two children and it was a really memorable period of time of my life. I had the opportunity to take life at a slower pace for a few months. We went on strolls to the park in the morning. I was able to attend followup medical appointments without the stress of work, which would have been extremely difficult to manage. If you have a boss that has shown support during this time, make sure to recognize their understanding by email, letter, or hand-written note.