Feeling unappreciated is both difficult and disheartening whether it’s in your personal or professional life. It’s important to remember that everyone deserves to feel valued and recognized for their efforts. As a matter of fact, expressing gratitude can help with anxiety and depression according to the Mayo Clinic.
If you’re feeling unappreciated and need some words of wisdom, I’ve published 200+ ungrateful quotes and slogans on the subject of gratefulness.
- Ungrateful Quotes
- Ungrateful Family Quotes
- Ungrateful Quotes for Her
- Ungrateful Quotes for Him
- Never Be Ungrateful Slogans
- Unappreciated Quotes
- Sarcastic Quotes about Ungrateful People
- Ungrateful Quotes from the Bible
- Ungrateful Slogans
- What do you say to an ungrateful person?
- What makes a person ungrateful?
- What to do when you are ungrateful?
- “A complaining tongue reveals an ungrateful heart.” – William Arthur Ward
- “A grateful dog is better than an ungrateful man.” – Saadi
- “Do not be angry with an ungrateful person; probably they are confused or inexperienced.” – Chico Xavier
- “An ungrateful person suffers in the poverty of endless discontentment.” – David A. Bednar
- “The wicked are always ungrateful.” – Miguel de Cervantes
- “The belly is an ungrateful wretch, it never remembers past favors, it always wants more tomorrow.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- “I have too many flaws to be perfect. But I have too many blessings to be ungrateful.” – Zig Ziglar
“Making the ungrateful grateful will bring tears to your eyes, tears of blood bleeding from the heart.” – Ana Monnar
- “Ungrateful people forget what they are not grateful for.” – Ana Monnar
- “You’ll never see a happy ungrateful person.” – Zig Ziglar
- “One ungrateful man injures all who need assistance.” – Publilius Syrus
- “Never take anything for granted.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “The greatest kindness will not bind the ungrateful.” – Aesop
- “People don’t notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them.” – Mike Skinner
- “Flints may be melted- we see it daily- but an ungrateful heart cannot be; not by the strongest and noblest flame.” – South
- “It is no tragedy to do ungrateful people favors, but it is unbearable to be indebted to a scoundrel.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- “There is no vice greater than ingratitude.” – Anonymous
- “Hell is full of the ungrateful.” – Spanish Proverb
- “Ungrateful people will not be blessed.” – Anonymous
- “I’ve been very blessed in my personal life and in my career and I have never been ungrateful for what I have.” – Mandy Patinkin
- “Ingratitude is the essence of vileness.” – Immanuel Kant
- “If you don’t like my attitude, blame yourself!” – Anonymous
- “You can be anything in this world, just don’t be ungrateful.” – Anonymous
Ungrateful Family Quotes
- “Being ungrateful does damage to all those in need” – Anonymous
- “In every class of society, gratitude is the rarest of all human virtues.” – Wilkie Collins
- “There can be no room for ungratefulness in this family.” – Anonymous
- “Don’t be ashamed to cut off an ungrateful family member.” – Anonymous
- “Ungratefulness is a disease.” – Anonymous
“Stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn’t even jump in puddles for you.” – Anonymous
- “You’ll be shocked at how many family members are ungrateful to each other.” – Anonymous
- “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” – Anonymous
- “Staying with someone who doesn’t appreciate you is stupidity.” – Anonymous
- “He that’s ungrateful has no guilt but one; All other crimes may pass for virtues in him.” – Edward Young
- “He that calls a man ungrateful sums up all the veil that a man can be guilty of.” – Jonathan Swift
- “Ungratefulness makes a family toxic.” – Anonymous
- “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
- “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” – George Santayana
- “You can’t be ungrateful and be part of a family at the same time.” – Anonymous
“Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” – George Burns
- “But feelings can’t be ignored, no matter how unjust or ungrateful they seem.” – Anne Frank
- “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” – John Wooden
- “Never be ungrateful towards your family” – Anonymous
- “Gratefulness is one of the foundations of a family.” – Anonymous
- “You can’t be ungrateful and say you love this family.” – Anonymous
- “Cut off ungrateful family members.” – Anonymous
- “Be grateful to everyone, especially your family.” – Anonymous
Ungrateful Quotes for Her
- “One ungrateful person does an injury to all needy people.” – Publilius Syrus
- “Women, don’t blame yourselves for ungrateful men.” – Anonymous
- ??”A complaining tongue reveals an ungrateful heart.” – William Arthur Ward
- “What you do for an ungrateful man is thrown away.” – Seneca The Younger
- “You cannot, at the very same time, be grateful and unhappy, or ungrateful and happy.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Being in an ungrateful relationship is a disease.” – Anonymous
“Stop doing things for someone when it’s expected rather than appreciated.” – Anonymous
- “My attitude is a result of your actions!” – Anonymous
- “Stop doing the most for people who do the least for you.” – Anonymous
- “Never put your time into the hands of the ungrateful.” – Scottie Waves
- “The saddest of all hearts is one without gratitude.” – Tom Krause
- “Keep calm and ignore ungrateful people.” – Read Beach
You Might Like: 151+ about Healing the Body and Soul to Come Back Stronger
- “People don’t remember the million times you’ve helped them, only the one time you don’t.” – Anonymous
- “Give your absence to those who don’t appreciate your presence.” – Anonymous
- “A grateful woman is always ideal.” – Anonymous
- “Ungratefulness is a red flag.” – Anonymous
- “No one thanks me for having the patience not to kill them.” – Anonymous
- “Perform our duty by giving, even if only a few are grateful.” – Anonymous
- “Be grateful always.” – Anonymous
- “Never take anything for granted.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Don’t set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.” – Anonymous
- “She who is ungrateful lacks a heart.” – Anonymous
- “Women don’t have time for ungrateful men.” – Anonymous
Ungrateful Quotes for Him
- “Gratitude turns what we have into happiness.” – Anonymous
- “Be grateful for what you have; it’s a blessing.” – Anonymous
- “Gratitude opens the door to abundance.” – Anonymous
- “Count your blessings, not your problems.” – Anonymous
- “Being thankful is a sign of strength, not weakness.” – Anonymous
- “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness.” – Amy Collette
- “Gratitude is the antidote to fear.” – Tony Robbins
- “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” – Aesop
- “Gratitude is the fuel that powers contentment.” – Anonymous
- “Appreciate the little things.” – Anonymous
- “Gratitude is the key to a happy heart.” – Anonymous
- “Thankfulness brings joy to the soul.” – Anonymous
- “Gratitude is good for your health.” – Anonymous
- “When you’re grateful for what you have, you attract more of it into your life.” – Anonymous
- “Gratitude is the foundation of a fulfilled life.” – Anonymous
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” – Cicero
- “Isn’t it better to have men being ungrateful than to miss a chance to do good?” – Denis Diderot
- “To be ungrateful is to be unnatural.” – Antoine Rivarol
- “God, protect me from the lazy, selfish and ungrateful.” – Habeeb Akande
Never Be Ungrateful Slogans
- Always grateful, never unappreciative.
- Gratitude is the key to happiness.
- Never take anything for granted.
- A grateful heart is a happy heart.
- Never forget to count your blessings.
- Always find something to be thankful for.
- Ungratefulness is a recipe for misery.
- Gratitude is the foundation of a fulfilling life.
- Never complain about what you lack.
- Gratefulness is the antidote to negativity.
- The more grateful you are, the richer your life.
- Never underestimate the power of gratitude.
- Be thankful, even for the little things.
- Always remember to say “thank you.”
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
- Ungratefulness closes the door to happiness.
- Appreciate the present moment, it’s a gift.
- Gratitude is a state of mind.
- Life is better when you’re grateful.
- A grateful attitude can change life.
- Gratitude brings peace.
- Be grateful for what you have.
- Gratitude is a blessing.
- “It’s a great feeling when your work is appreciated.” – Jacqueline Fernandez
- “We can’t be afraid to dismiss the unappreciative.” – Dominic Riccitello
- “He who undervalues himself is justly undervalued by others.” – William Hazlitt
“Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
- “Even though they are paid differently, everyone has to feel appreciated.” – Roger Staubach
- “I don’t think I should settle for anything less than what I’m valued at.” – Le’Veon Bell
- “If they don’t appreciate you, they don’t deserve you.” – Mary J. Blige
- “It’s better to be alone than to be with someone who never sees your worth.” – Nishan Panwar
- “She felt excluded, unappreciated and unloved. Never had been loved.” – Suzie Wilde
- “Don’t give everything to a person that isn’t giving you anything.” – Sonya Parker
- “The best way to appreciate something is to live without it.” – Anonymous
- “Real people are destined to be hated and unappreciated by fools.” – Isaiah Harden
- “Sometimes I think I need a spare heart to feel all the things I feel.” – Sanober Khan
“Love goes unappreciated a lot of times, but you still gotta keep giving it.” – Snoop Dogg
- “Evil was seductive and easy, and virtue was difficult and unappreciated.” – Melissa de la Cruz
- “A lack of appreciation and respect can be a sad end to many wonderful relationships.” – Bernajoy Vaal
- “People don’t notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them.” – Mike Skinner
- “Feeling unappreciated may result in resentment and jealousy.” – Ifeoma Ikenze
- “If you can go days without talking to me, I’m obviously not that important to you.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “It’s simple. Women only nag when they feel unappreciated.” – Louis de Bernieres
- “The more you give, the more they take.” – Anonymous
- “Sadness is… your hard work going unacknowledged.” – Anonymous
- “Some people will never appreciate you.” – Anonymous
Sarcastic Quotes about Ungrateful People
- “Oh, thank you for your utter lack of appreciation.” – Anonymous
- “It’s amazing how little gratitude some people can muster.” – Anonymous
- “You’re welcome for all the effort I put in. Oh wait, you didn’t even notice.” – Anonymous
- “I just love being taken for granted.” – Anonymous
- “Next time you need something, remember to forget that I helped you last time.” – Anonymous
- “I’m glad my hard work goes unnoticed.” – Anonymous
- “I hope you enjoy the gift of ingratitude.” – Anonymous
- “Grateful I have the opportunity to do things for people who don’t appreciate it.” – Anonymous
- “I’m sorry, did my efforts inconvenience you?” – Anonymous
- “You’re welcome, I guess. Not that it really matters.” – Anonymous
- “Thank you for reminding me why I don’t do things for ungrateful people.” – Anonymous
- “Oh, don’t worry about thanking me. It’s not like I did anything special.” – Anonymous
- “I’m glad I can make your life easier while receiving zero recognition for it.” – Anonymous
- “I’m not saying I want a parade, but a little appreciation wouldn’t hurt.” – Anonymous
- “Thanks for nothing. Literally.” – Anonymous
- “I’ll just add your lack of gratitude to my list of things to be thankful for.” – Anonymous
- “Happy to be here to serve as your personal doormat.” – Anonymous
- “You’re welcome, ungrateful one.” – Anonymous
- “I’m glad I could make your day worse by doing something nice.” – Anonymous
- “I can’t wait to do something nice for you and receive absolutely nothing.” – Anonymous
Ungrateful Quotes from the Bible
- “For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.” – Romans 1:21
- “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” – Colossians 3:17
- “Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!” – Psalm 107:1
- “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- “For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving.” – 1 Timothy 4:4
- “But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,” – 2 Timothy 3:1-2
- “And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you,” – Matthew 26:27
- “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15
- “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”” – Matthew 21:22
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,” – Psalm 103:2
You Might Like: 113+ Quotes that Help You Come to Terms with Regret in Life
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” – Philippians 4:6
- “Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” – James 1:16-17
- “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!” – Psalm 100:4
- “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;” – 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
- “Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,” – Ephesians 5:20
- “I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.” – Psalm 9:1
“Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!” – Psalm 105:1
- “Out of them shall come songs of thanksgiving, and the voices of those who celebrate. I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will make them honored, and they shall not be small.” – Jeremiah 30:19
- “Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!” – Psalm 106:1
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.” – Psalm 28:7
- “Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,” – Hebrews 12:28
- “They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.” – Ephesians 4:18
- “We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing.” – 2 Thessalonians 1:3
- Ungratefulness is the worst attitude.
- Be grateful for what you have, before it’s too late.
- A thankful heart is a happy heart.
- Count your blessings, not your problems.
- Ingratitude is the cancer of the soul.
- The greatest enemy of success is ingratitude.
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
- Ungratefulness is a sign of arrogance.
- When we fail to be thankful, we fail to be happy.
- Appreciate what you have, before it becomes what you had.
- Ungratefulness blinds us to the blessings in our lives.
- Be grateful for small things.
- An ungrateful heart is a heart without joy.
- Gratitude is the antidote to negativity.
- Ingratitude is the mark of a selfish person.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late to be thankful.
- Gratefulness is the key to a happy life.
- Ungratefulness is a recipe for disaster.
- Gratitude is the memory of the heart.
- Ungratefulness is a thief of joy.
- Always remain thankful
- Gratitude is the foundation of a healthy relationship.
- Ingratitude is a betrayal of trust.
What do You Say to an Ungrateful Person?
Trying to get someone to change is usually a fool’s errand. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try. Here are a few things you can say to ungrateful people to help them wake up.
- “I understand that you may not feel thankful right now, but it’s important to acknowledge the good things in your life.”
- “Gratitude is a powerful emotion that can bring positivity and happiness to your life. Have you tried practicing gratitude?”
- “Being thankful for what you have can help you find contentment and peace in your life.”
- “It’s important to remember that no one owes you anything. Be grateful for the kindness and support you receive from others.”
- “Being ungrateful can damage your relationships with others. Consider showing gratitude and appreciation to those around you.”
What Makes a Person Ungrateful?
Here are some characteristics and behaviors of ungrateful people so you know what to look for.
- Entitlement: Feeling a sense of deservingness that can lead to ungrateful behavior. Instead of being thankful for help, they feel like they are entitled to everything that comes their way.
- Lack of perspective: Focusing only on personal struggles, which can make it difficult to see the good things in life or understand that other people experience hardship as well.
- Negative thinking patterns: A tendency to focus on the negative, which can lead to a lack of gratitude.
- Comparison to others: Constantly comparing oneself to others, which can lead to feelings of ungratefulness.
- Lack of mindfulness: Not being present in the moment and unaware of good things in life, which can lead to feelings of ungratefulness.
What to do When You are Ungrateful?
If you find yourself feeling ungrateful, there are several things you can do to shift your perspective and cultivate a sense of gratitude.
- Practice mindfulness: Being present in the moment to appreciate good things in life.
- Keep a gratitude journal: Writing down things you’re thankful for to focus on the positive.
- Show appreciation: Expressing gratitude to others to feel more grateful.
- Help others: Volunteering or doing something kind for others to appreciate good things in your own life.
- Focus on what you have: Appreciating the things you have instead of what you lack.
One activity that’s helped me is to think about positive thoughts before I go to sleep at night. I’ve found that thinking about things I’m grateful for or excited about helps me sleep better and wake up more refreshed. I’m ready to conquer the day most of the time.