A food truck Unique Selling Proposition (USP) is what differentiates you from all the other food trucks and restaurants in your market. This applies especially to the trucks that look, smell and taste like yours. The USP is the compilation of things that clearly separates you from the pack. Defining your USP takes some creativity, hard work and soul searching on your part. A USP can be almost anything that distinguishes your food truck from your direct and indirect competition.
Today we’ll share a number of ways to differentiate your truck from the rest.
Determining Your Food Truck Unique Selling Proposition
- Unique benefits to your customers
- Great prices
- Special menu options
- Incredible service
- A strong guarantee
- The best of the best
- Exclusivity or rarity
- Following a specific standard
Understanding who your customer is and what makes them purchase:
- Is it low prices?
- Great service?
- 100 percent money-back guarantee?
- Speed of service?
- Something special your product delivers that nobody else does?
- Your qualifications or celebrity?
- Promises you make that no other competitor does?
Ask yourself what makes you unique:
- How are you better?
- What makes you the best?
- Why do your customers dine with you?
- What are your special talents, qualities or strengths?
- What makes your product and or service superior?
The Bottom Line
With a little work, you can start to clearly communicate what makes you different from your competition. Once you’ve crafted your Unique Selling Proposition, make sure you start using it! Put it on your menu, include it in your advertisements, post it on your website.
Your USP is much more powerful than your food truck brand. Your brand will help you get recognized, but your USP will help get them up to your service window and keep them coming back for more.
USE YOUR FOOD TRUCK UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION EVERYWHERE!