The Halloween is back and there will be ghosts and goblins wandering the streets in search of treats in the coming weeks. We have compiled some Halloween Trick or Treat tips for your use to help spark sales and show your customers that are in the Halloween spirit with them.
Halloween Trick Or Treat Tips For Food Trucks
Use these Halloween marketing ideas you can use to bring some festive Halloween fun to your business while appealing to customers at the same time.
- Spookify your Twitter theme. Many people feel as if one profile theme is enough and never touch it after they initially activate their account. Change your theme to match the season show your followers that you and your business enjoy Halloween as much as they do.
- Costumes. As long as safety is viewed as the number one issue, ask your employees to dress up for the night. Make it fun for both your employees and customers. We don’t want to find out that any of you food truckers has gotten into an accident because you left your mask on while driving or has injured themselves while preparing their food because their costume was to baggy.
- Decorations. Fake spider webs, jack-o-lanterns, spooky lighting, maybe even a little dry ice in a bucket outside of the truck. If you have a lot you plan to spend the evening in, decorate it for the occasion.
- Halloween Music. This is part of the decorating theme, but something that can be over looked. Go out and buy a compilation CD of Halloween sounds or songs and play them for your customers throughout the night, just make sure to keep the volume at a level where orders can be given without the need to scream.
- Special Halloween Menu Items. This may be the easiest thing for food trucks to do to get into the Halloween spirit. Take a standard menu item, tweak it to give it a Halloween flavor, or even renaming menu items can let your customers know you are part of the scene, not just there for sales.
- Candy for the Kids. Always part of Halloween, many parents will be out with their children trick or treating, if the kids are rushing Mom and Dad off because the truck next door is giving away Snickers bars, you are risking a loss in sales.
- Find a Truck Gathering. Throughout the country, more and more cities are allowing food trucks, and in those cities, the market is accepting them with open arms. A recent trend across California is festivals centered on food trucks. Find one of these gatherings that are following a Halloween theme. Show up following some of these tips, and you and your customers will do nothing but enjoy the evening.
- Contests. Hold a best costume contest at a specific time of the night. Not only will this type of thing be fun for your customers, it will give them more reason to hang around your truck (and buy more food). The winner could receive a free item off your menu.
RELATED: Marketing Truths ALL Food Truck Owners Should Know
The Bottom Line
Halloween offers a unique opportunity for food trucks to launch some fun and interesting marketing campaigns. Halloween themed promotions can help your mobile food business gain some interest and bring new customers to your service window.
We would love to hear from our readers about Halloween trick or treat tips that you think would work well for food trucks. If you are out tonight and spot a truck that is in the spirit of the night, take a picture and send it to us at admin [at] mobile-cuisine [dot] com or social media. Facebook | Twitter