One of the more grueling tasks in running a food truck is marketing and promotion. You are busy operating your truck and many vendors can’t afford to hire a marketing agency to do this work. We try to make things easier by providing articles you can use to spark the idea process. Timely promotions resonate well with consumers so feel free to use these July marketing tips for your food truck promotions.
July Marketing Tips For Food Truck Vendors
Here are three July marketing tips to target the things happening next month.
Food Holidays (Every day of the month)
Since our start, we’ve shared the various food holidays throughout the year. With June around the corner, take a look at our June Food Holiday calendar to get an idea which of your menu items you can highlight. It will also give creative chefs the chance to plan to create new menu items that incorporate fun ingredients to market on big food holidays.
RELATED: July Food Holidays
Independence Day (July 4)
The biggest event this month is obviously the 4th of July. Any food truck can get in the spirit and show off their American pride. If you want to be patriotic, some ideas include:
- Holiday discount: Many businesses hold special sales or promotions this time of year. Make sure you promote it as a July 4th special.
- Blog about July 4th: If you run a regular blog on your food truck website, tie in the holiday to relevant posts. For example:
- July 4th outfit ideas
- BBQ and cookout recipes
- Red white and blue desserts
- Family friendly food truck events
- Participate in local events: Chances are, there are a ton of events in your community for the 4th of July. Whether it’s a parade or a town center fair, make sure your food truck is part of the festivities.
- Show patriotism on social media: Don’t ignore social media. Keep up your social media accounts and post pictures of your truck, employees, or customers celebrating our country.
Summer-themed Instagram or Twitter Contest
Whether you give away a gift card or menu item from your truck, Instagram and Twitter giveaways are a great way to give your social media account a boost. Some examples of what to give away include a free personal drink, entree or side dish for July 4th. Use a hashtag in your contest so that it’s easily accessible on social media searches.
RELATED: Utilizing Hashtags On Your Food Truck
It’s no secret that it gets hot in July, so develop a summer menu to help consumers beat the heat. If you sell merchandise consider stocking up on branded handheld fans, hats, water bottles, etc…
You can also give away some summer essentials in gift with purchase promotions during the hotter days of the month to lure in more customers.
RELATED: Promoting Your Food Truck Business With Branded Merch
The Bottom Line
Get started on promoting your food truck business for the Summer and Summer Holidays with these marketing ideas for the month of July. These promotional ideas should get your marketing gears going while allowing you to harness the momentum of each promotion. Make sure to check back each month as we’ll continue this for the remainder of the year.
Do you have any July marketing tips we may have missed? Share your thoughts on this topic in the comment section or social media. Facebook| Twitter