One of the more grueling tasks in running a food truck is marketing and promotion. You are busy operating your truck and many vendors can’t afford to hire a marketing agency to do this work. We try to make things easier by providing articles you can use to spark the idea process. Timely promotions resonate well with consumers so feel free to use these June marketing tips for your food truck promotions.
June Marketing Tips For Food Truck Vendors
Here are six June marketing tips to target the things happening next month.
Food Holidays (Every day of the month)
Since our start, we’ve shared the various food holidays throughout the year. With June around the corner, take a look at our June Food Holiday calendar to get an idea which of your menu items you can highlight. It will also give creative chefs the chance to plan to create new menu items that incorporate fun ingredients to market on big food holidays.
RELATED: June Food Holidays
Flag Day (June 14)
Hooray for the red, white, and blue! Flag Day celebrates the commemoration of the United States flag. Hang those flags and encourage customers to do the same. Participate in local Flag Day events or show off your flag swag on social media.
Father’s Day (June 17)
Promote your food truck business through Father’s Day marketing. This is a no-brainer for food truck vendors. Try out these ideas:
- Father’s Day Specials Guide: Write a blog post with a Father’s Day gift guide with menu deals and catering services that you offer Promote the blog post on social media to attract future customers.
- Father’s Day Gift Basket or Coupon Book: Put together a Father’s Day gift basket at your truck to make it easy for kids and moms to shop for dad. Think outside of the standard tie box with:
- Gift card for your food truck with a bottle from a local distillery or winery.
Summer Solstice (June 21)
Promote your food truck on the longest day of the summer with extended hours or an extra shift. The extra hours of daylight mean that you can keep your business open for longer on this one day. Promote your extended hours on social media and, if you can, team up with other local businesses to stay open late. By teaming up with other local businesses, you can create more of a buzz together and encourage your community to shop at local businesses during these extended hours.
LGBT Pride Month
Show your pride in June by letting the local Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender community know that you are one of them and/or that you support them. Use social media to tweet about local LGBT events and attend your local Pride parade. Hang a rainbow flag on your truck to show your support.
Contact local LGBT organizations to let them know that you’re a supporter and encourage community members to find your LGBT-friendly food truck business.
Celebrate the end of the school year with specials geared toward new grads such as:
- Offer discounts for graduates to encourage new customers to track down your next location.
- Provide special discounts for graduates who post a picture of themselves at your food truck wearing their cap and gown.
- Sponsor or attend the local high school or college graduation.
- Offer discounts for graduation party catering services.
The Bottom Line
Get started on promoting your food truck business for the Spring and Spring Holidays with these marketing ideas for the month of June. These promotional ideas should get your marketing gears going while allowing you to harness the momentum of each promotion. Make sure to check back each month as we’ll continue this for the remainder of the year.
Do you have any May marketing tips we may have missed? Share your thoughts on this topic on social media. Facebook | Twitter