The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and brownie fun facts. As we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Brownie fun facts.
Brownie Fun Facts: The first brownie ever made, like other culinary mishaps (the sandwich, pizza, potato chip) was actually a mistake. The baker didn’t have baking powder and ended up with an unleavened fudgy treat.
- The classic brownie consists of only butter, sugar, chocolate, eggs and flour. Unsweetened chocolate is used so more sugar is required to balance the bitterness.
- December 8th is National Brownie Day.
- January 22 is National Blonde Brownie Day.
- Blonde brownies are made with brown sugar, butter and eggs, but no chocolate and typically have a cake-like texture.
- February 10th is National Have a Brownie Day.
- The first brownie made was not actually a brownie at all. It was a tasty treat sweetened with molasses that we now know as a blondie.
- Although cannabis is the most controversial brownie mix-in, walnut remains the most popular and legal.
- The largest brownie ever made was at the Hudson Valley Chocolate Festival and Holiday Crafts Show in Suffern, New York, in Late 2001. Using 750 lbs. of melted chocolate chips the mammoth brownie weighted in at 3,000 lbs.
- Brownie points in modern usage are a hypothetical social currency, which can be accrued by doing good deeds or earning favor in the eyes of another- often one’s superior. The origin of the term is unclear.
Brownie Fun Facts We Missed
Let us know if we may have missed any brownie fun facts in the comment section below. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about Brownies.
Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.