The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and Creme de Mente fun facts. As we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Creme de Menthe Fun Facts
Creme de Menthe Fun Facts: Creme de Menthe (French for mint cream) is a sweet, mint-flavored alcoholic beverage. Its flavor primarily derives from Corsican mint or dried peppermint.
- The traditional formula steeps dried peppermint or Corsican mint leaves in grain alcohol for several weeks, followed by filtration and addition of sugar.
- Creme de Menthe is available commercially in a colorless version and a green version.
- Creme de menthe is traditionally served in a small tube shaped glass.
- The origin of Creme de menthe is attributed to pharmacist Emile Giffard, while researching the digestive effects of mint.
- Creme de menthe is an ingredient in several cocktails, such as the Grasshopper and the Stinger.
- Creme de menthe is considered a traditional final alcoholic drink among mobsters before going off to serve time in jail.
- September 15th is National Creme de Menthe Day.
Fun Facts We May Have Missed
If so, please feel free to let us know about the Creme de Menthe Fun Facts we missed. We always love to add to these lists. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia facts about Creme de Menthe
Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.