National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National hamburger day to National white chocolate day?
We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National White Chocolate Day Fun Facts
White Chocolate was the result of separating the dark solids from the rich fat of the bean known as cocoa butter, a natural part of the manufacturing process, but instead of recombining them, the cocoa butter was left to shine on its own.
- September 22nd is National white chocolate day.
- White chocolate originates from the cocoa (cacao) plant, but it is not “chocolate.”
- White chocolate contains only trace amounts of caffeine.
- It was invented by the Nestlé company in Switzerland. The first white chocolate bar debuted in 1930.
- According to the regulations, true white chocolate must contain at least 20% cocoa butter, 14% total milk solids, 3.5% milk fat, and less than 63% sugar.
How To Observe National White Chocolate Day
- Tap into your inner baker. Whip together some peanut butter rice krispies with white chocolate, or cake pops dipped in white chocolate or even white brownies.
- Use #NationalWhiteChocolateDay to post on social media. Facebook | Twitter
National White Chocolate Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any white chocolate fun facts in the comment section. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National food holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one. Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.