Mishandling of food prep can lead to serious repercussions, including food poisoning or allergies. According to the CDC, 1 in every 6 Americans get sick from foodborne diseases; many of which get hospitalized while others aren’t so lucky. With that in mind, prioritizing food safety is a must for all kitchens.
Are you looking for ways to raise awareness about food safety in your kitchen? One of the best ways to do this with a memorable slogan. In this article, I’ve listed more than one hundred smart food safety slogans to help prevent food poisoning and other kitchen mishaps. Scroll down now to remind everyone the importance of safety when it comes to handling food.
- Food Safety Slogans
- Food Poisoning Slogans
- Food Allergy Slogans
- Salmonella Slogans
- Food Safety Quotes
- Food Poisoning Quotes
- Food Safety Taglines
- Food Preservation Slogans
- What can you do to make cooking safer?
Food Safety Slogans
- Food that’s always safe to eat.
- Be safe, be healthy, be well.
- Great and safe food for a healthy future.
- Be smart when it comes to food.
- If you try to cook your food quick, you will get sick.
- Food safety starts with you.
- Food safety comes first.
- Wait… Did you wash your hands?
- Be food safe always.
- Cook it with care.
- Food safety and sanitation for a healthier nation.
- Always use that thermometer.
- Food quality not food quantity.
- Shortcuts cut life short.
- Food safety is the best choice.
- We ensure your health while you eat.
Food Poisoning Slogans
- When in doubt, throw it out.
- Cook food right for a happy night.
- Food poisoning is a trip to the courtroom.
- Avoid food contamination. Avoid future frustration.
- Keeping it cool is a golden rule.
- Safe food saves lives.
- Ensure the food’s safe, from farm to plate.
- Keep it clean in the kitchen.
- Get serious about food safety.
- Food poisoning – you don’t want that.
- You need determination to prevent food contamination.
- Quality of quantity – always.
- Serving safe food, it’s not an option, it’s an obligation.
- Always check the expiry date.
- When cooking, cook it right.
Food Allergy Slogans
More than 170 foods are considered allergy triggers. Always ask guests if they have allergies to specific foods before preparing any meal.
- Always check the ingredients.
- Food safety keeps everyone happy and healthy.
- When in doubt, ask what’s in it.
- A meal should cause happiness, not health issues.
- Label it correctly to avoid it being deadly.
- Food allergies are no laughing matter.
- Be careful when cooking with peanuts. There are many people that are allergic.
- Doesn’t smell right? Don’t take a bite.
- Safe food for all.
- Food cooked with safety in mind.
- Your food, our responsibility.
- Are you allergic to eggs? Tell us about it.
- Know your ingredients for best results.
- We don’t compromise on food safety.
- Food safety is cheaper than a hospital visit.
- Allergies can become lethal.
- Food safety is no joke.
- Cook that chicken unless you want to be sick.
- Don’t let salmonella ruin your night.
- If it’s still cold, don’t eat it.
- Food should never make anyone sick.
- Well done is better than salmonella.
- Cooking it correctly avoids a hefty hospital bill.
- Food is meant to cure, not harm.
- Be extra careful when it comes to food.
- Safety is our no. 1 priority.
- Always check the expiry date.
- No room for a potential salmonella contamination.
- If it smells bad, put it in the bag.
- Cook it with care, well done, not rare.
- Don’t be associated with salmonella.
- Salmonella is a serious matter.
Food Safety Quotes
- “Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food.” – Hippocrates
- “We’re going to do everything possible to make sure that food safety is always paramount, and that we work with the industry as aggressively as we can to make sure that we’re paying attention to the food-safety issues.” – Mike Johanns
- “Eighty percent of the people in the world have no food safety net. When disaster strikes — the economy gets blown, people lose a job, floods, war, conflict, bad governance, all of those things — there is nothing to fall back on.” – Josette Sheeran
- “The history of government regulation of food safety is one of government watchdogs chasing the horse after it’s out of the barn.” – David Aaron Kessler
“I would require every producer of food to follow and have enforced a standard safety plan. We know how to produce safe food. It has a horrible name; it’s called HACCP – Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point – and this was a food safety system that was developed for NASA so that astronauts wouldn’t get sick in outer space. If you just think about what it might be like to have food poison under conditions of zero gravity, you don’t even want to think about it.” – Marion Nestle
- “Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “One of the trends we’re seeing in food and agriculture is more and more consumers wanting to know things about their food and where and how it’s grown and what’s in it.” – Dan Glickman
- “Civilization as it is known today could not have evolved, nor can it survive, without an adequate food supply.” – Norman Borlaug
You Might Like: 283+ Swimming Pool Slogans and Taglines in Time for Summer
- “Many countries have food safety systems from farm to table. Everybody involved in the food supply is required to follow standard food safety procedures. You would think that everyone involved with food would not want people to get sick from it.” – Marion Nestle
“We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun.” – George Orwell
- “Get people back into the kitchen and combat the trend toward processed food and fast food.” – Andrew Weil
- “Our minds are like our stomachs; they are whetted by the change of their food and variety supplies both with a fresh appetite.” – Quintilian
- “Get people back into the kitchen and combat the trend toward processed food and fast food.” – Andrew Orwell
- “The food that enters the mind must be watched as closely as the food that enters the body.” – Pat Buchanan
- “I think it’s important that, as a matter of course, the brain and spinal column were removed from this cow, and that would be the material that would cause concern in terms of human health. And therefore we’re confident in the safety of the food supply.” – Ann Veneman
Food Poisoning Quotes
- “In addition to contributing to erosion, pollution, food poisoning, and the dead zone, corn requires huge amounts of fossil fuel – it takes a half gallon of fossil fuel to produce a bushel of corn.” – Michael Pollan
- “The Centers for Disease Control says that there are 76 million cases of food poisoning in the United States every year, 350,000 hospitalizations, and 5,000 deaths. Is that a lot or a little? Well, it depends on how you look at it.” – Marion Nestle
- “Everything I eat has been proved by some doctor or other to be a deadly poison, and everything I don’t eat has been proved to be indispensable to life…..But I go marching on.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “And by the way, my belief is that if men were the ones getting pregnant, abortions would be easier to get than food poisoning in Moscow.” – Dennis Miller
“There have been nine Super Bowls in New Orleans, and not all of them have brought the best of luck to NFL Films. We got robbed twice there, got food poisoning, and my hotel room was broken into on the day the Bears played the Patriots in January 1986.” – Steve Sabol
- “I live in the United States, and I’m not moving. But from the standpoint of food safety, the countries in Scandinavia do it better than we do. It’s not that they don’t have food-poisoning incidents; it’s that there are many fewer in proportion to the population.” – Marion Nestle
- “My mother accidentally gave me food poisoning. She fed me baby carrots for a snack before Christmas dinner – but they had expired in June! I threw up for the next 24 hours.” – Busy Philipps
- “Well, the most terrible fear that anybody should have is not war, is not a disease, not cancer or heart problems or food poisoning – it’s a man or a woman without a sense of humor.” – Jonathan Winters
- “Women do get drunk, they do get sick and they do get food poisoning. It seems to be a bit of a surprise to people that they are seeing it.” – Kristen Wiig
- “I can’t wait to see the debate between Ryan and Joe Biden. Biden is said to be already trying out different strategies. So far the one that Obama likes is where Biden pretends to have food poisoning and they cancel the debate.” – Craig Ferguson
“Can you imagine the headlines if I gave someone food poisoning? They’d hang me off Tower Bridge by my ballbag!” – Gordon Ramsay
- “What’s the most humiliating thing? When you take someone to dinner or you cook somebody dinner and they get food poisoning. I mean, how bad do you feel?” – Wendi McLendon-Covey
- “As a matter of fact, most cases of food poisoning are never linked back to their source.” – Eric Schlosser
- “The hover cars were terrifying. I manage to make it even more terrifying by having food poisoning on that day as well. Hover cars you can’t get out of very easily or quickly, so that held a whole extra element of risk for me.” – Kate Beckinsale
- “Chris [Kattan] and Will [Ferrell] and I all went out – I don’t want to say where, because it’s a famous restaurant and it’s Italian-owned and I don’t want any trouble. But I ended up throwing up all night from food poisoning. All the blood vessels in my eyes were broken, and the blood vessels in my face. I did not sleep. I walked into the audition and the makeup person said, ‘Oh my God, what happened to you?’ I looked like I was in a car accident.” – Cheri Oteri
Food Safety Taglines
- Food safety is taken seriously.
- Their health is in your hands.
- Safety doesn’t happen by accident.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness.
- Don’t touch the pot, it might be hot.
- First comes safety. Second comes taste.
- Food safety starts with you.
- Stay alert to avoid getting hurt.
- Wash your hands before you eat, whether it’s an apple or meat.
- One uncooked meal is all it takes.
- Heat the food to the right degree, to make it healthy and germ free.
- Food safety involves everybody in the food chain.
- Make sure it’s clean or watch a messy scene.
- Serving safe food is our obligation.
- Food should make you smile, not vomit bile.
Food Preservation Slogans
- Recognize the value of food.
- Eating it later? Use the refrigerator.
- Save a life. Save food.
- To avoid spoilage, throw it in the fridge.
- Keep calm and eat leftover food.
- Make a difference when you preserve food.
- Everyone should prioritize food preservation today.
- If you’re not preserving your food, you’re doing it wrong.
- Food preservation should be practiced by everyone.
- Preserve your food today. Share it with others tomorrow.
- Start making food preservation into a hobby.
- Preserve your resources when you preserve food.
- Food preservation goes a long way.
- Save money tomorrow. Preserve your food today.
- Make food preservation a priority for longevity.
What can You do to Make Cooking Safer?
Safety should be your number one priority when it comes to cooking. But, how exactly does one make cooking safer? Read on for best practices that make cooking safer.
Improve or Maintain Your Kitchen
- Start simple and make sure you have appropriate lighting.
- You must check your kitchen appliances to ensure that each won’t cause any issues while cooking.
- Do not overload your outlets or use an extension wire.
Clean Up Messes Right Away
- While cooking, it’s easy to spill water or oil; either on the floor or on your counter. Ensure that you clean these up right away to avoid any slips or falls.
Store Food Correctly
- When storing food, you should always separate cooked meat and raw meat to avoid cross contamination.
- Do the same when serving raw and cooked food and when slicing them.
Maintain Your Knives
- Ensure that all your knives remain sharp, since dull ones lead to more accidents.
- Always use a knife block to store knives and never in a drawer.
Wash Hands Regularly
- It goes without saying that you should always handle food with clean hands. However, this practice can often go overlooked.
- You should also wash your hands in between handling raw meat and cooked meat.
Refrigerate Food Promptly
- You should proceed to put all the produce in the fridge after doing the groceries. This includes poultry, seafood, and meat.
- If there are leftovers, it’s best to refrigerate them promptly for food preservation.
You Might Like: 254+ Powerful Slogans about Climate Change that Change Minds
Always Be Attentive and Careful
- Never leave a hot stove unattended. Remain in the kitchen at all times so you can check on the food.
- It’s also best to use oven mitts and heat resistant pot holders when handling hot pots and pans.
- Avoid any distraction while cooking like talking on the phone.
Teach Children about Food Safety
- When there are kids around, it’s best to teach them about food safety early. If they want to help you with cooking, supervise them as both of you do a certain task. Get them in the habit of thoroughly washing their hands.
- Teach children about the dangers of handling hot pots, pans, and hot stoves.