If this is the first time you’ve heard of Thankful Thursday, it’s a practice of gratitude that Americans practice during Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday of November. But you could practice this act of gratefulness each week if you wanted.
According to Harvard, gratitude is consistently associated with greater happiness. Plus, it also makes people feel good, strengthens relationships, and improves their health. So, there’s no doubting the effects of expressing gratitude.
However, showing how thankful you are may not come naturally. So, if you need inspiration, I’ve got you covered. Listed below are Thankful Thursday captions and quotes that can motivate you to express your gratitude more openly.
- Thankful Thursday Quotes
- Thankful Thursday Captions
- Thankful Thursday Quotes for Work
- Thankful Thursday Quotes for Students
- Thankful Thursday Bible Quotes
- Funny Thankful Thursday Quotes
- Thankful Thursday Slogans
- Why is it important to show gratitude for what you have?
- Are there benefits to expressing gratitude?
Thankful Thursday Quotes
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
- “I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.” – Maya Angelou
- “The source of true happiness is being grateful for what you have.” – Anonymous
- “If you start your Thursday with a grateful heart, it will become a great day.” – Anonymous
- “Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
- “Everyday is a new chance for us to be grateful.” – Anonymous
“Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “To be thankful everyday is what all of us should thrive for.” – Anonymous
- “The struggle ends when the gratitude begins.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “Always remember to treat each day with thankfulness in your hearts.” – Anonymous
- “The more you are in a state of gratitude, the more you will attract things to be grateful for.” – Walt Disney
- “Thursday is one of the days of the week that I strive to maintain a positive outlook.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “Expect great things with each new day.” – Anonymous
- “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” – Grandma Moses
- “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Once we become grateful for what we have, life becomes easier.” – Anonymous
Thankful Thursday Captions
- Giving thanks not only this Thursday but everyday.
- Thursday is one more day to be thankful for.
- Grateful to all the people that helped me get through the week.
- Life’s too short to not be thankful.
- What’s the secret to lasting happiness? Being grateful everyday.
- Thankful that I get to live today again.
- There’s always a reason to be thankful.
- Never let life ruin your grateful heart.
- To be thankful everyday is more than enough.
- Whatever you do or whatever happens today, don’t forget to be thankful.
- Choose to be thankful in every situation.
- Beautiful things happen when you become thankful.
- A thankful heart is a blessed heart.
- Never forget to start each day with a thank you.
- Be thankful for today because tomorrow isn’t promised.
- Work hard and appreciate everything you have.
- Striving to be grateful every single day.
Thankful Thursday Quotes for Work
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Be thankful for the work you have. It puts food in your mouth.” – Anonymous
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
- “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” – Charles Schwab
- “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
- “The pursuit of a career is for those with a grateful heart.” – Anonymous
- “People think that happiness is what brings gratitude, but it’s the other way around.” – Anonymous
- “Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.” – Robert Braathe
- “Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
- “Never doubt what a thankful heart can accomplish.” – Anonymous
- “A grateful mind is a great mind which eventually attracts to itself great things.” – Plato
“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “Have a thankful heart and you’ll never work a day in your life.” – Anonymous
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.” – Melody Beattie
- “Think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flames within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
Thankful Thursday Quotes for Students
- “Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “If you can read this, thank a teacher.” – American Proverb
- “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” – Mary Davis
- “Be thankful that you have an opportunity to learn.” – Anonymous
- “Education is a privilege. Be thankful for it.” – Anonymous
- “Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one’s voice.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
- “Until you are happy with who you are, you will never be happy with what you have.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Being thankful is easy. Doing it everyday is the hard part.” – Anonymous
- “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brene Brown
You Might Like: 254+ Powerful Slogans about Climate Change that Change Minds
- “When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” – James Allen
- “Gratitude is an opener of locked-up blessings.” – Marianne Williamson
- “So much has been given to me; I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied.” – Helen Keller
- “Be thankful to your school, especially to your teachers.” – Anonymous
- “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” – Doris Day
- “No man is too busy to not be thankful.” – Anonymous
Thankful Thursday Bible Quotes
- “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” – Colossians 4:2
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” – 1 Chronicles 16:34
- “Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” – Psalm 106:1
- “For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.” – 1 Timothy 4:4-5
- “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” – James 1:17
- “You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” – 2 Corinthians 9:11
- “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.” – Hebrews 12:28-29
- “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise — the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.” – Hebrews 13:15
- “All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.” – 2 Corinthians 4:15-16
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” – Colossians 3:16
- “I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.” – Psalm 9:1-2
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” – Philippians 4:6
- “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” – Colossians 3:17
- “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28
- “Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him.” – Psalms 95:2-4
- “Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.” – 1 Samuel 12:24
- “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!” – Psalms 100:4
Funny Thankful Thursday Quotes
- “This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.” – Douglas Adams
- “Be thankful for Thursdays because it’s the day before Friday!” – Anonymous
- “On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays we use the wave theory; on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays we think in streams of flying energy quanta or corpuscles.” – William Henry Bragg
- “Planning to start something? Do not wait for next week. Why not start on a Thursday, or even on Saturday? There’s no such thing as ‘too late.’” – Anonymous
- “And God said, ‘Let there be light’ and there was light, but the Electricity Board said He would have to wait until Thursday to be connected.” – Spike Milligan
- “Always have a reason to be thankful. If you don’t, you’re crazy.” – Anonymous
- “I do doubles on Monday and Thursday, take Wednesday off or do easy cardio, do doubles on Thursday and Friday, and the weekend I just get outside and get active – jog or bike ride, or play tennis with my mom.” – Mikaela Shiffrin
- “To some its Hump Day. To us, it’s Wednesday’s getting its *ss kicked and Thursday just asked Friday to switch places.” – Dwayne Johnson
- “Some might call it Thursday. I call it Friday eve.” – Anonymous
- “Thursdays are there to help us feel more thankful for Friday.” – Anonymous
- “If you don’t love Thursdays, there’s something wrong with you.” Anonymous
- “Because Thursday is just before Friday, I’m quite thankful for it.” – Anonymous
- “Always be thankful for Thursdays. Why? Because better days are ahead. Namely, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays!” – Anonymous
- “Thursday comes, and the week’s gone.” – George Herbert
- “It’s thankful Thursday! Count your blessings until you can’t count your problems.” – Anonymous
- “Happy Thursday! Life at work and at home is so much HAPPIER when you speak and act with kindness!! Share a SMILE and make it a great day!” – Tracey Edmonds
- “Thirsty Thursdays are always something to be thankful for!” – Anonymous
Thankful Thursday Slogans
- Be thankful for a brand new day.
- When life gets you down, find a reason to be thankful.
- A grumpy life is a wasted life.
- There’s no such thing as being too thankful.
- A grateful heart uplifts the spirit.
- Appreciate all you have before it’s lost.
- Never let a day go by without being thankful.
- Being thankful is absolutely free.
- Let your thankfulness infect others around you.
You Might Like: 255+ Cute Fall Slogans and Quotes You’ll Fall Hard For
- There’s always a reason to be thankful.
- Being thankful makes life worth living.
- Appreciating life won’t cost you a single dime.
- Grateful heart = happy life.
- Always remain grateful no matter what.
- Being thankful creates a positive change.
- Thankfulness always starts from within.
- A grateful heart makes a great man.
Why is it important to show gratitude for what you have?
Gratitude is more than just saying the words, ‘thank you’. It can affect many aspects of life, including emotional well-being, sense of belonging, daily motivation, and even physical health. On top of that, the practice of gratitude helps bring a sense of contentment in life. This leads to a wave of positivity that can only be described as happiness.
On a personal note, I try to express gratefulness through prayer each day. I find that the process really does help me feel more at peace. It feels good to remind myself about all the blessings in my life.
Are there benefits to expressing gratitude?
Deriving from what I said above, expressing gratitude can and will bring you happiness. Aside from that, it can also build and strengthen relationships.
Letting someone know of your appreciation can help solve underlying issues and make amends in relationships. Ultimately, showing gratitude is its own reward. Doing so will help you feel more calm and have a better overall perspective on life. I truly believe this practice can help you become the best version of yourself possible everyday.