Most food truck vendors constantly feel starved for time. They hurry through the day while fighting countless distractions and struggling to stay focused. One way to stay centered is by bringing morning rituals into the beginning of your workday. Morning rituals are about paying attention. If you take a moment to notice what you are about to do, you remind yourself to appreciate and focus on the task, rather than rush through it.
For example, when you sit down at your office desk in the morning or leave for your commercial kitchen. Take a deep breath and give thought to what you are about to do. You may find this focus helps you accomplish tasks more carefully and productively.
5 Morning Rituals To Try Before Starting Your Workday
Use these strategies to boost productivity and reduce workplace frustrations.
- Drink a cup of Joe. Run to the local coffee shop with a blank pad of paper. Drink a cup of coffee and “unload” anything on your mind onto the pad.
- Chat up your staff. Walk around the commercial kitchen; stop briefly to chat with employees or other food trucks owners you share the space with for a few minutes.
- Dedicate some personal time. Close office your door and read something “fun” for 15 minutes (ex. Mobile Cuisine)
- Thank your customers. Close your office door and write a handwritten “thank-you” note or two to a customer.
- Spend some time on social media. Close your office door and send out some tweets to friends.
By taking a short pause before your start your food truck workday, you’ll be reminded to appreciate and focus on what you’re about to do. And by elevating each activity, you’ll take it more seriously.You’ll get more pleasure from it. This will lead to a better work environment and the ability of your team to produce better results.
That focus will help you accomplish your tasks more carefully, more proficiently, and more productively. Research shows that this kind of focus will make you and your team far more efficient.
RELATED: Increasing Your Daily Food Truck Productivity
The Bottom Line
The start of the day sets the tone for everything else. Therefore, it’s important to jumpstart your early hours if you want to generate more energy and enthusiasm throughout the workday.
Do you have have any morning rituals you follow before your food truck workday? We’d love to hear them. You can share your thoughts in the comment section below or on social media. Facebook | Twitter