Resilience is not just a trait, it’s a life skill. It keeps you moving forward with your life when living can seem hopeless. By building resilience you can keep things in perspective that the sun will eventually shine again.
Don’t give up yet. When nothing you do seems to cheer you up in such times, a few words of empathy will help you slowly recover from failure. In this article, I feature over a hundred quotes about resilience that can help you push through the most difficult of times.
Keep your head held high and looking forward with these inspiring quotes:
- “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” —Steve Maraboli
- “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you have before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.” —Elizabeth Edwards
- “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” —Greg Kincaid
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” —Margaret Thatcher
- “It’s your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” —Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” —Maya Angelou
- “Do not just me by my success, judge me by how many times I feel down and got back up again.” —Nelson Mandela
- “Resilience is very different than being numb. Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt. You fall. But, you keep going.” —Yasmin Mogahed
- “Resilience is the ability to attack while running away.” —Wes Fessler
- “Resilience is based on compassion for ourselves as well as compassion for others.” —Sharon Salzberg
Resilience Quotes for Kids
You aren’t helping your kids by removing all disappointment and challenges in life. Resilience is something best learned while you are young.
- “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease to forever to be able to do it.” —Sir James Matthew Barrier
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” —Winston S. Churchill
- “All things which greatly hurt me greatly teach me.” —Karen Salmansohn
- “It is hard to fail but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” —Theodore Roosevelt
- “You can be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” —Tina Fey
- “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” —J.K Rowling
- “The future doesn’t belong to the light-hearted: it belongs to the brave.” —Ronald Reagan
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” —Babe Ruth
- “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” —Louisa May Alcott
- “The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up.” —Timothy Mouse in Dumbo
Resilience Quotes for Work
Pressure from work is one of the most common sources of stress. Even if you love your job, you’ll resonate with some of these concepts.
- “Enthusiasm is common. Endurance is rare.” —Angela Duckworth
- “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” —Gever Tulley
- “Forget mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do right now, and do it. Today is your lucky day.” —Will Durant
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” —Henry Ford
- “Sometimes, carrying on, just carrying on, is a superhuman achievement.” —Albert Camus
- “Resilience is all about being able to overcome the unexpected. Sustainability is about survival. The goal of resilience is to thrive.” —Jamais Cascio
You Might Like: 115+ Thankful Thursday Captions and Quotes that Show Gratitude
- “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo – far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” —Jodi Picoult
- “No matter how you define success, you will need to be resilient, empowered, authentic, and limber to get there.” —Joanie Connell
- “There are two kinds of strength. Power and the ability to wield it is obvious but a resilience, the ability to resist power, is the other.” —Raymond E. Feist
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino
Resilience Quotes for Students
Learn how to dance in the rain.
Use these quotes to remind yourself to never give up while you chase your dreams.
- ‘Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.” —Mary Holloway
- “As much as talent counts, effort counts twice.” —Angela Duckworth
- “Resilience arises out of a belief in one’s own self-efficacy, the ability to deal with change, and use of a repertoire of problem-solving skills.” —Brigid Gillespie
- “A good school teaches you resilience – the ability to bounce back.” —Kate Reardon
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” —John Powell
- “Defeat is in your mind. Resilience is in your soul.” —Keri Murphy
- “Success and failure come and go, but don’t let them define you. It’s who you are that matters.” —Kamal Ravikant
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” —Vivian Greene
- “We need to build resilience together, rooted in religion, rooted in schools, rooted in our health care institutions.” —Sheryl Sandberg
- “What good is an idea if it remains an idea? Try. Experiment. Iterate. Fail. Try again. Change the world.” —Simon Sinek
Funny Resilience Quotes
Are you looking for something witty to cheer yourself up? These funny quotes will make you smile.
- “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.” —Elizabeth Edwards
- “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” —Alex Karras
- “He’s a million rubber bands in his resilience.” —Alan K. Simpson
- “If your heart is broken, make art with the pieces.” —Shane Koyczan
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “It may sound strange, but many champions are made champions by setbacks.” —Bob Richards
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” —Vidal Sassoon
- “My barn has burned down, I can now see the moon.” —Mizuta Masahide
- “A good half of the art of living is resilience.” —Alaine de Botton
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” —Winston Churchill
Believe that you can and take action.
Learn what it takes to persevere with the quotes below.
- “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” —Albert Einstein
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” —Thomas Edison
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” — Robert Collier
- “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” —Confucius
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” —Newt Gingrich
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding on the 20th.” —Julie Andrews
- “Through perseverance, many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” —Benjamin Disraeli
- “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” —William Feather
- “We will either find a way or make one.” —Hannibal
- “The best way out is always through.” —Robert Frost
Quotes about Resilience in Hard Times
If you’re struggling, these quotes will remind you to keep going.
- “You must bear losses like a soldier, the voice told me, bravely and without complaint, and just when the day seems lost, grab your shield for another stand, another thrust forward. That is the juncture that separates heroes from the merely strong.” —Margaret George
- “No matter how bleak or menacing a situation may appear, it does not entirely own us. It can’t take away our freedom to respond, our power to take action.” —Ryder Carroll
You Might Like: 115+ Thankful Thursday Captions and Quotes that Show Gratitude
- “On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” —Gregory S. Williams
- “The difference between a strong man and a weak one is that the former does not give up after a defeat.” —Woodrow Wilson
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Resilience Quotes for Business
It’s about moving forward and being better.
Rise above the challenges in the market with these resilience quotes for business!
- “Change what you can, manage what you can’t.” —Raymond McCauley
- “Life throws challenges but with patience and resilience, you can convert every challenge into a new opportunity to grow.” —Amit Ray
- “When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had. And it is only when we are faced with failure do we realize that these resources were always there within us. We only need to find them and move on with our lives.” —A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- “Fear of failure is the fuel of achievement. If you weren’t afraid to fail, you probably wouldn’t be highly motivated to work at the level that most of us have to work to do well.” —Ruth Simmons
- “We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face. We must do that which we think we cannot.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
Turn your feed into a comforting space with these caption ideas for your social media posts:
- Resilience is like an anchor that keeps you grounded when you fail to sail the sea.
- A moment of weakness becomes a time of strength when you look at failure as a stepping stone for success.
- The key to surviving life is to feel your emotion, both positive and negative ones.
- Growth happens when you resist staying where you stumbled.
- The beauty of success lies in one’s resilience.
- Deal with problems with the intention to learn from them.
- Take two steps forward every time you step away.
- The less you expect yourself to succeed, the more you become resilient to failure.
- Mistakes are good when you use them to correct your bad habits.
- When you endure the pain until it subsides, you gain the strength that comes with the confidence to withstand failure.
Only The Weak Knows Strength.
- Live, Strive, Thrive
- Only The Weak Knows Strength
- When Time Heals, Life Chills
- Bloom With Bravery
- Brace Yourself
- Rise Above Adversity
- There’s No Other Way But Up
- Swim Against The Current
You Might Like: 309+ Blackberry Captions and Quotes You’ll Want to Pick Up
- Don’t Let Failure Bring You Down
- Keep You Failing Until You Succeed
- Live Once, Rise More.
- Resilience Is Power, Save Yourself
- Gain From Pain
- Find Strength In Weakness
- Make Every Failure Count
- Resist, Insist, Persist
- Trust The Process
- Fall For The Growth
- It’s Not Just Resilience, It’s Lifestyle
- Redesign Your Reality, Make It Resilient
Why is resilience so important in business and in life?
Having resilience is the only way to survive in business and life. Let’s face it—failure is as natural as the air you breathe. This is especially true if you’re trying something new. That’s where resilience comes in to help you push through the tough times. Here are some ways you can improve your personal resilience.
- Maintain emotional balance. Unlike physical pain, time is not enough to heal the emotional and mental trauma that bad experiences bring. Resilience does not reduce the difficulty of the situation; instead, it increases your will to improve your life. It protects you from the paralyzing effect of negativity by giving you hope and courage to face the challenges. It balances negative emotions with a positive mindset, ensuring healthy emotional health.
- Improve your problem-solving skills. The first step of having this trait is acknowledging that problems are a part of life. Resilience teaches you to see failure as a learning opportunity instead of a moment of weakness. It encourages you to overcome your struggles and not give up. Whether in life or in business, you can’t always stay on top. You’ll fall eventually, but if you’re resilient enough, you will find a way to rise again.
- Do something hard every day. Resilience is like a muscle that can be strengthened with time and effort. By continuing to try something and make improvements, you’ll improve your resolve. You can become a stronger person 6 – 12 months from now with effort.
These quotes never fail to help me get through the hard times. I hope they have inspired and enlightened you on how to deal with your problems. Stay strong, resilient, and keep the faith.