Adequate nutrition and clean water is essential for all human life. No one can survive for long without it. Yet, hunger remains near the top of societal problems in America. In fact, 38.3 million people live in food-insecure households according to the USDA. Fortunately, we have feeding programs to help address some of this need.
Thanks to social media, reaching potential donors for a food drive is easier than ever. However, what you’ll still need an emotionally impactful caption to cut through the noise. With that in mind, I’ve compiled a long list of captions and quotes designed to increase donations.
- Feeding Program Captions
- Feeding Program Quotes
- Feeding Program Taglines
- Food Hunger Quotes
- Child Hunger Quotes
- Child Hunger Captions
- Quotes about Feeding the Poor
- Feeding the Poor Captions
- No Hunger Quotes
- No Hunger Captions
- Feeding Quotes from the Bible
- School Feeding Quotes
- Feeding the Community Quotes
- Thank You Messages for Feeding Programs
Feeding Program Captions
- Making a difference for all tummies.
- Hunger can beat it!
- End hunger for a better tomorrow.
- Don’t let your fellow man be hungry.
- Let’s kick hunger’s ass together.
- The program that changes lives.
- Tell hunger there’s no room for it in this world.
- Don’t let hunger end our future.
- They deserve to live tomorrow without hunger.
- Feeding them for their stomachs and their smiles.
- Start sharing to stop hunger.
- Let’s work hand in hand against hunger.
- Because everyone deserves a full stomach.
- One act of kindness to end world hunger.
- Ending hunger one person at a time.
Feeding Program Quotes
- “The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The day hunger disappears, the world will see the greatest spiritual explosion humanity has ever seen.” – Federico Garcia Lorca
- “There’s enough on this planet for everyone’s needs but not for everyone’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “What is needed is a marriage of two impulses, a coupling of the urge to do something positive with the willingness to constantly re-evaluate how effectively our actions lead to our goal – that of ending world hunger.” – Harry Chapin
“Instead of building the peace by attacking injustices like starvation, disease, illiteracy, political and economic servitude, we spend a trillion dollars on war since 1946, until hatred and conflict have become the international preoccupation.” – Daniel Berrigan
- “Without food, man at most can live but a few weeks; without it all other components of social justice are meaningless.” – Norman Borlaug
- “I hope someday we will be able to proclaim that we have banished hunger in the United States, and that we’ve been able to bring nutrition and health to the whole world.” – George McGovern
- “If we can muster up that degree of commitment and get away from the uniquely American perception that if something can’t be done immediately it isn’t worth doing, then I think the Hunger Movement, this small but growing minority of us, can have a truly significant impact.” – Harry Chapin
“You cannot achieve environmental security and human development without addressing the basic issues of health and nutrition.” – Gro Harlem Brundtland
- “America and Americans always rise to the occasion. If we say we are going to stamp out hunger, I believe we will.” – Christie Brinkley
- “Food is the moral right of all who are born into this world.” – Norman Borlaug
- “”When you share your last crust of bread with a beggar, you mustn’t behave as if you were throwing a bone to a dog. You must give humbly, and thank him for allowing you to have a part in his hunger.” – Giovannino Guareschi
- “Feeding a child at school is such a simple thing – but it works miracles.” – Drew Barrymore
Feeding Program Taglines
- Let’s eradicate world hunger together.
- Changing the world, one meal at a time.
- Feeding the hungry today for a better tomorrow.
- No more hunger. Only smiles.
- Hunger ends here.
- Sharing always shows caring.
- Being generous today will build a hunger-free tomorrow.
- With your help, we can end hunger.
- Saving lives has never been this easy.
- Feeding them with food, hope, and love.
- Got food? Share it.
- Sharing a meal is sharing happiness.
- Tomorrow happens when you share a meal.
- Hand in hand, hunger can say goodbye.
- Let’s never stop caring for those in need.
Food Hunger Quotes
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” – Mother Teresa
- “Hunger is not a problem. It is an obscenity. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
- “Food is national security. Food is economy. It is employment, energy, history. Food is everything.” – Chef José Andrés
- “I never look at the masses as my responsibility. I look at the individual. I can love only one person at a time. I can feed only one person at a time. Just one, one, one.” – Mother Teresa
- “There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If I am hungry, that is a material problem; if someone else is hungry, that is a spiritual problem.” – Paul Farmer
- “Close to a billion people – one-eighth of the world’s population – still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve.” – Jonathan Sacks
- “Recent research shows that many children who do not have enough to eat wind up with diminished capacity to understand and learn. Children don’t have to be starving for this to happen. Even mild undernutrition – the kind most common among poor people in America – can do it.” – Carl Sagan
- “It is important for people to realize that we can make progress against world hunger, that world hunger is not hopeless. The worst enemy is apathy.” – Reverend David Beckmann
- “35 million people in the U.S. are hungry or don’t know where their next meal is coming from, and 13 million of them are children. If another country were doing this to our children, we’d be at war.” – Jeff Bridges
- “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.” – Dom Helder Camara
- “In this country that grows more food than any other nation on this earth, it is unthinkable that any child should go hungry.” – Sela Ward
- “When people were hungry, Jesus didn’t say, ‘Now is that political, or social?’ He said, ‘I feed you.’ Because the good news to a hungry person is bread.” – Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- “If you want to eliminate hunger, everybody has to be involved.” – Bono
- “There are genuinely sufficient resources in the world to ensure that no one, nowhere, at no time, should go hungry.” – Ed Asner
Child Hunger Quotes
- “Hunger is not an issue of charity. It is an issue of justice.” – Jacques Diouf
- “Food is our common ground.” – James Beard
- “When you sit in council, think not of yourselves not even of your generation. Think of those yet unborn, even unto the seventh generation, making all decisions with those generations in mind.” – The Iroquois Confederacy cir. 1000 c.e.
- “Just try to make the world a better place for your having been here.” – Jimmy Doolittle
- “Americans are blessed with great plenty; we are a generous people and we have a moral obligation to assist those who are suffering from poverty, disease, war and famine.” – Adam Schiff
- “The world produces enough food to feed the entire population. It’s a travesty that anyone should go hungry anywhere.” – Donnie Osmond
You Might Like: 181+ Perseverance Captions and Quotes to Keep You Moving Forward
- “There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies.” – Sir Winston Churchill
- “It’s appalling that there should be hunger anywhere, but particularly in a country like America, where there is also such great wealth.” – Elizabeth Hurley
- “There are 38,000 people dying of hunger each day and most are children. And, being a celebrity, I communicate about it as much as I can” – Raul Julia
- “If we can conquer space, we can conquer childhood hunger.” – Buzz Aldrin
- “Many times, a child’s struggle against hunger begins before he or she is born because the mother is undernourished. Making sure prenatal care and proper nutrition are available for expectant mothers is a critical part of ending childhood hunger.” – Hector Elizondo
- “Hungry people cannot be good at learning or producing anything, except perhaps violence.” – Pearl Bailey
- “I have repeatedly stressed that we have the knowledge to reduce hunger and poverty.” – Gro Harlem Brundtland
- “We need to stop the dying and start the living; stop the hunger and start the hoping.” – Penelope Cruz
- “Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free.” – 14th Dalai Lama
Child Hunger Captions
- Children are our future, so feed them today.
- These kids deserve a full stomach.
- Put their little tummies first.
- Because the future belongs to them.
- A full tummy will make tomorrow a better place.
- Help us lift up young spirits.
- Say hello to happy children.
- Let’s work together to bring out their smiles.
- Keep their smiles coming.
- Feeding the youth, one child at a time.
- Because they deserve nutrition.
- No child should ever feel hungry.
- When you feed a child, you feed the future.
- Child hunger stops here.
- Feed a child today, so they can see tomorrow.
Quotes about Feeding the Poor
- “It is an eternal obligation toward the human being not to let him suffer from hunger when one has a chance of coming to his assistance.” – Simone Weil
- “Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth…these are one and the same fight.” – Ban Ki-moon
- “Poverty is a very complicated issue, but feeding a child isn’t.” – Jeff Bridges
- “Let us march on poverty until no American parent has to skip a meal so that their children may eat.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The war against hunger is truly mankind’s war of liberation.” – John F. Kennedy
- “If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Hunger makes a thief of any man.” – Pearl S. Buck
- “Hunger is actually the worst weapon of mass destruction. It claims millions of victims each year.” – Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
Feeding the Poor Captions
- No one deserves to be hungry.
- Food should be shared by all.
- Sharing a meal would mean everything.
- Let’s join hands to end starvation today.
- Because everyone deserves to eat three times a day.
- Show them you care by giving food.
- Feeding those in need is the key to ending poverty and hunger.
- Sponsor a meal to save a life.
- Being happy is helping those in need.
- Sharing your food is a love language.
No Hunger Quotes
- “Why should there be hunger and deprivation in any land, in any city, at any table, when man has the resources and the scientific know-how to provide all mankind with the basic necessities of life? There is no deficit in human resources. The deficit is in human will.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Now it’s my Dream to see that no child in this world ever goes hungry, certainly not here in America, the most bountiful country in the world. We can do better…we must!” – Dolly Parton
- “A hungry man is not a free man.” – Adlai E. Stevenson
- “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “A hungry man can’t see right or wrong. He just sees food.” – Pearl S. Buck
- “We know that a peaceful world cannot long exist, one-third rich and two-thirds hungry.” – Jimmy Carter
- “America, which leads the world in so many ways, can end childhood hunger within its borders.” – Pierce Brosnan
- “Pay attention to the hungry, both in this country and around the world. Pay attention to the poor. Pay attention to our responsibilities for world peace. We are our brother’s keeper.” – George McGovern
- “Hunger knows no friend but its feeder.” – Aristophanes
No Hunger Captions
- Helping each other until hunger is no more.
- Feed them today, so there will be no more hunger tomorrow.
- Let them experience a world with no hunger.
- Feeding them until it’s no longer required.
- Let’s give them full stomachs everyday.
- Every time we let a day pass by without helping them, hunger wins.
- Hunger ends when you share.
- Sharing shows how much you care about a world without hunger.
- Let’s lower the number of hunger in the world.
- There is always enough food to share.
Feeding Quotes from the Bible
- “If you give some of your own food to [feed] those who are hungry and to satisfy [the needs of] those who are humble, then your light will rise in the dark, and your darkness will become as bright as the noonday sun.” – Isaiah 58:10
- “Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.” – Isaiah 58:10
- “He is a merciful creditor, not keeping the items given as security by poor debtors. He does not rob the poor but instead gives food to the hungry and provides clothes for the needy.” – Ezekiel 18:17
- “He answered them, ‘Whoever has two shirts should share with the person who doesn’t have any. Whoever has food should share it too.’” – Luke 3:11
You Might Like: 202+ Cute Cranberry Captions and Quotes for Social Media
- “I tell all of you with certainty, whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is a disciple will never lose his reward.” – Matthew 10:42
- “The one who is gracious to the poor lends to the Lord, and the Lord will repay him for his good deed.” – Proverbs 19:17
- “A generous person will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.” – Proverbs 22:9
- “Whoever oppresses the poor insults his maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors him.” – Proverbs 14:31
- “If your enemy hungers, give him food to eat; and if he thirsts, give him water to drink.” – Proverbs 25:21
- “I once was young and now I am old, but I have not seen a righteous person forsaken or his descendants begging for bread. Every day he is generous, lending freely, and his descendants are blessed.” – Psalm 37:25-26
School Feeding Quotes
- “School feeding not only fills stomachs, but has a proven track record of boosting enrollment, attendance and academic performance. For just pennies a day per child, this program changes lives – and ultimately can impact the futures of poor countries around the world in a profound way.” – Drew Barrymore
- “School feeding is a great tool to encourage education and provide food aid to children born into extremely impoverished situations. The kids in school being fed by WFP are empowered by their school meal to learn and better their lives!” – Lauren Bush
- “In a world where one-third of all edible food never makes it to the mouths of the hungry, we all have an individual moral responsibility to do our part.” – Madeleine Albright
- “Almost certainly, however, the first essential component of social justice is adequate food for all mankind.” – Norman Borlaug
- “Imagine what it might do to the human spirit to know that we have conquered hunger as a world wide societal issue?” – John Denver
- “Food – there’s no greater gift.” – Dikembe Mutombo
Feeding the Community Quotes
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
- “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.” – Buddha
- “He who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.” – Confucius
- “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.” – Maya Angelou
- “Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Love cannot remain by itself — it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action and that action is service.” – Mother Teresa
- “Caring has the gift of making the ordinary special.” – George R. Bach
Thank You Messages for Feeding Programs
- Thank you for continual service in feeding those in need.
- From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for your everlasting support in our feeding program.
- This feeding program wouldn’t be the same without you. Thank you!
- What you guys do is above and beyond. Thank you so much!
- To everyone involved, we thank all of you for taking a stand against hunger.
- Our feeding program wouldn’t work without everyone’s support. Thank you so much!
- Because of you, they get to feel special. On behalf of all of us, thank you.
- What you’re doing now is called love. Thank you for showing love to those in need.
Don’t forget to take the time to thank people who help contribute to your food shelf with either their time, money, or donations. After all, global hunger won’t be solved through a one-time fundraising event or rally. We need to create a global movement to help solve hunger for future generations.