So much has happened in the food truck industry in 2016? We thought it would be fun to go back and see what stories were read the most by the readers of Mobile Cuisine. Are you interested in what the top 2016 food truck news stories were? We’ll wait no longer.
According to our near 900,000 unique 2016 readers, these were the top stories that surfaced the in the mobile food industry over the last year.
Top 5: 2016 Food Truck News Stories
- New Jersey City Opens First Oceanside Food Truck Lot. ASBURY PARK, NJ – What is billed as the nation’s first oceanfront food truck park opened on July 3rd in Asbury Park.
- Oregon Mayor Feels Food Carts Are Unfair To Restaurants. ALBANY, OR – Mayor Sharon Konopa said that it wasn’t fair for brick and mortar restaurants to lose business to temporary eateries.
- Auburn Is The Latest Indiana City To Welcome Food Trucks. AUBURN, IN – At their first meeting of 2016, Auburn Common Council members finally wrapped up a discussion on food trucks that has gone on for months.
- Fremont California Food Truck Flips In Accident. FREMONT, CA – A taco truck flipped over when its driver swerved to avoid a manhole.
- Tailgater Toby Food Truck Franchise Found To Be A Fraud. CHICAGO, IL – Investors in a failed national food truck franchise say they lost thousands of dollars and now have little or no recourse.
Please note that these were the top 5 2016 food truck stories based on information gathered through our website analytics. We understand that there were many other news stories in 2016, some more tragic, some more heart felt.
Stay up to date with the happenings in the industry in our Off the Wire section where we scan the news wire to bring you.