We’ve all heard breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But what time of the day is appropriate for breakfast? That part is out for debate. If you’re hungry for breakfast during lunch, dinner or a midnight snack these fast-food restaurants are here to satisfy those cravings.
Below is a guide on fast food joints serving all-day breakfast so you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, or a breakfast sandwich any time you want.
If you’re always on the road then you’re familiar with Cracker Barrel. This old-country American chain is famous being located right off busy interstates and vintage interiors that bring back memories of comfort food and simpler times.
Of course, Cracker Barrel is known for their all-day breakfast favorites like country fried steak and steak and eggs too. Here are a few of the morning meal favorites:
- Grandma’s Sampler Pancake Breakfast (Two Pancakes, two eggs, and samplers of bacon, sausage and ham)
- Momma’s French Toast Breakfast (Sourdough French toast with two eggs and a choice of breakfast meat)
- Biscuit Breakfast (Two buttermilk biscuits with choice of thick-sliced bacon, smoked sausage or ham)
- The Cracker Barrel’s Country Boy Breakfast (Three eggs and choice of two breakfast sides plus sirloin steak tips, sugar cured or country ham. Comes with Buttermilk Biscuits and Sawmill Gravy)
Breakfast is available all day at Cracker Barrel.
Just from the descriptions you can tell that these breakfast options are heavy. But like I mentioned above, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and Cracker Barrel aims to deliver. Check out the full menu here.
The Waffle House chain has been around since 1955 and has grown to over 1,976 stores so you can get breakfast almost anywhere in the continental United States. Best of all, many of the Waffle Houses are open 24/7. So if you need breakfast for lunch or dinner or whenever then be sure to check out this classic diner.
Waffle House menu.
Here’s a small sample of the breakfast favorites available on the Waffle House menu:
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Hashbrown Bowl
- Sirloin & Eggs Breakfast
- Waffles (Classic, Pecan, Chocolate Chip, and Peanut Butter)
- Texas Sausage, Egg & Cheese Melt
Jack in the Box
Jack in the Box menu.
With over 2,000 locations in 21 states, Jack in the Box is one of those places you can get breakfast food any time of the day. In fact, aside from their burgers and tacos, they’re known for their all-day breakfast and staying open late night. There are many items to choose from but their breakfast combos are so hearty that it’s enough to fill you up all through the day or night.
Here are some of the items you can look forward to on the menu at Jack in the Box:
- Meat Lovers Breakfast Burrito Combo (tortilla wrap filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, ham and cheddar cheese, with a side of tomato salsa, plus coffee and a hash brown)
- Loaded Breakfast Sandwich Combo (Eggs, hickory smoked bacon, grilled ham & sausage, American cheese and toasted sourdough bread with hot coffee and a hash brown)
- Jumbo Breakfast Platter W/ Bacon & Sausage Combo (Scrambled eggs, hash browns, 8 mini pancakes, grilled sausage, and 3 slices of hickory smoked bacon. Hot coffee and a hash brown)
They’re not called the International House of Pancakes for nothing. IHOP is known to be a place selling breakfast food all day and yes, their pancake choices are plentiful. Their World-Famous Buttermilk Pancakes come in a wide assortment of classic, double berry, Mexican tres leches, chocolate chip, New York cheesecake, and more. So if you’ve got the cravings for pancakes at any time of the day then head on over to IHOP.
Here are a few examples of what you can expect on the IHOP menu:
- World Famous Pancake Combo (Choice of 2 same flavored pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 hickory smoked bacon strips, 2 pork sausage links, and hash browns)
- Pesto Veggie Eggs Benedict (Sauteed Spinach, mushrooms, roasted cherry tomatoes, nut-free pesto, poached eggs and hollondaise on an English muffin)
- Bacon Temptation Omelette (Omelette stuffed with hickory smoked bacon, Jack and Cheddar cheese, white cheese sauce, and topped with more bacon and tomatoes)
- Thick ‘N Fluffy Classic French Toast (2 slices of thick and fluffy toast dipped and griddled in vanilla, cinnamon French toast batter and topped with butter and powdered sugar)
Pancakes at IHOP.
Bojangles menu and prices.
Bojangles may be known for their fried chicken and biscuits. But did you know that they serve all-day breakfast too? Breakfast items are usually paired with biscuits because that’s their specialty. Despite being known as a fast food place, Bojangles’ biscuits are made from scratch. You can’t leave Bojangles without ordering them in this food writer’s humble opinion.
Here are a few of the Bojangles’ breakfast items you’ll find on the full menu:
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit
- Southern Gravy Biscuit
- Pimento Cheese Biscuit
Outside a Dunkin’ location.
Of course it’s donuts you’re thinking of when you see Dunkin’. For years, this chain has been known for their donuts and coffee. But if you’d take a closer look at their menu, you’ll find that they have other breakfast items being served any time of the day too. They have hash browns, English muffins, croissants, bagels, breakfast wraps and sandwiches ready to order
Here are some of my favorit breakfast items found on Dunkin’s menu:
- Wake Up Wrap (wrap filled with your choice of protein, egg, and cheese)
- Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich (2 eggs five half slices of bacon, and white cheddar)
- Bagels with Cream Cheese (Your choice of bagel flavor)
Diners always sell the most hearty breakfast platters and at Denny’s, you’re sure to find the breakfast platter meant to satisfy your cravings at any time of the day. With over 1,700 locations worldwide, you can hit up a Denny’s anywhere, anytime.
You Might Like: 22 EBT-Friendly National Fast-Food Restaurants Accepting SNAP
Here are some of Denny’s breakfast items you should try:
- All American Slam (Three scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, two strips of bacon, two sausage links, hash browns, and choice of bread)
- Hearty Breakfast Skillet (Breakfast sausage, with seasoned red skinned potatoes, sautéed mushrooms and fire roasted bell peppers and onions. Topped with shredded cheddar cheese and 2 eggs)
- Cinnamon Pancake Breakfast (Two buttermilk pancakes topped with cinnamon sauce and cream cheese. Served with 2 eggs and hash browns. Choice with 2 sausages or 2 bacon strips)
Starbucks breakfast sandwiches and pastries are available all day.
Starbucks, like Dunkin’, is known for coffee. So you’re probably wondering why this place made it to the list. Well, if you walk inside a Starbucks and take a look at their bakery display, you’ll find that they have a wide assortment of breakfast items that’s available all hours of the day. Check out the full menu here. Some of these items include:
- Hot Breakfast (Sandwiches and wraps):
- Impossible Breakfast Sandwich
- Bacon, Gouda, & Egg Sandwich
- Double-Smoked Bacon, Cheddar & Egg (personal favorite)
- Oatmeal and Yogurt
- Breakfast Bakery Goods (croissants, bagels, Danish, and muffins)
Tim Horton’s Menu Prices.
Just like Starbucks and Dunkin’, Tim Horton’s is mostly known for selling coffee and donuts. Considered as one of Canada’s largest chain of restaurant and coffee shop, Tim Horton’s has been around since 1964 and has more than 5,000 stores worldwide.
But before you head into a Tim Horton’s for some breakfast, do note that things have changed after the pandemic. Tim Horton’s used to serve breakfast all day but they’ve cut down the hours till 4 pm in most locations. Nevertheless, they’re in this list because they serve breakfast after the usual 10 am cut off for most fast food places. It is still advisable to check with your nearest Tim Horton’s if they follow this operating hour for breakfast as well.
Here are some breakfast items at Tim Horton’s you can look forward to:
- Home-style Oatmeal
- Fresh Grilled Breakfast Wrap
- Bagel B.E.L.T. (Bacon, Eggs, Lettuce, and Tomato)
Check out Tim Horton’s full menu here.
The breakfast menu at Caribou Coffee.
Caribou Coffee is another place to find all day breakfast especially if you live in Minnesota where the company is headquartered. This chain of coffee shops has over 600 stores in 11 countries. Caribou Coffee is owned by JAB Holding Company who also owns brands like Panera Bread and Krispy Kreme.
Their all day breakfast menu includes:
- Maple Waffle Sandwich (Chicken sausage, gouda, fried egg, and two waffles)
- Ham, Egg, and Swiss Croissant
- Sausage, Egg & Cheddar Sandwich
- Chicken Chorizo Burrito (Chicken chorizo, Swiss & jack cheese, scrambled eggs, diced potatoes & green chiles, wrapped in a red pepper tortilla)
Visit this page to see Caribou Coffee’s full menu and prices.
Black Bear Diner
You’ll find breakfast all day at Black Bear Diner.
Black Bear Diner is where you go to for some classic comfort food. And what’s great about them is that they also serve breakfast all day. They have pancakes, waffles, French toast – you name it, they have it. They’ve been around since 1995 and to this day they’re considered as an affordable place to go to for delicious American comfort food.
Some of their breakfast items are:
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast
- Joe’s Hobo Omelette (Smoked ham, link sausage & thick-cut smoked bacon, jack cheese, cheddar cheese, spinach & onion)
- The GRIZZ! (2 sweet cream pancakes, 3 eggs, 2 slices of thick-cut smoked bacon, 2 sausage links & a smoked ham steak)
More items can be found on their full menu here.
What Restaurants Do Not Serve All-Day Breakfast?
Contrary to popular belief the fast food joints listed below do not serve breakfast all day. If it’s after 11 am, I suggest steering clear of these restaurants if you want to order breakfast.
You might be surprised to see the Golden Arches in this list but it’s true: they don’t serve breakfast all day. They used to do so but ended all-day breakfast in 2020. They still serve your favorite McMuffins and Hotcakes but only between the hours of 5 am to 10:30 am.
Burger King, like all fast food places, serve breakfast items on their menu but at a limited time. They offer croissant sandwiches, pancake platters, muffin sandwiches, oatmeal, and more but only from 6 am to 11:00 am at most locations.
The breakfast menu stops being served at 11 am at BK.
Wendy’s offers a simple yet hearty breakfast of croissant and biscuit sandwiches but they only serve them from 6:30 am to 10:30 am. Delivery for breakfast items start later at 8 am.
Panera Bread is where you go to for some hearty and healthy meals including breakfast. They have items such as Bacon, Egg & Cheese on Brioche, Mediterranean Egg White on Ciabatta, and Ham & Swiss Brioche Breakfast Sandwich. These items are only available from 6 am to 10:30-11 am though you can get other baked goods throughout their opening hours such as muffins, bagels, and scones.
You Might Like: My 21 Favorite Fast-Food Restaurants Open Late (12 am or Later)
Sadly, you can’t get a waffle taco bacon or an A.M. Crunchwrap – sausage all day at Taco Bell. This famous fast food chain offers their breakfast menu from 7 am to 11 am only.
There you have it! So if you find yourself craving breakfast at anytime of the day then just visit this list again so you know where to go. Let me know your favorite all-day breakfast spot by reaching out to me on social media.